Monday, March 30, 2009

The things they say!!

Camden talks.  .  .A LOT!!  When I listen, he really is very smart.  .  .and sometimes he's just very funny!!!

He gets in the car today, and says "Mommy, I need my book bag, my cross is in there.  The bad boys put Jesus on the cross and then they threw the big rock and he is God--they are bad boys, I love God--he is my friend" later he wanted to tell Evan this story--so he gets up on his stool and stands at his crib and says "Once upon a time.  .  ."

Playing around--he loves to stand in front of doors and say "Okay Mommy--now you say Open Sesame"--so today I said everything but that--and he wouldn't move, told me "No Mommy--say Open Sesame"--I asked him to spell it he says--"O"-(this shocked me, right?) "pen" "sesame"--say it mommy!!  :)  ha!

My favorite lately is--"don't worry mommy, my pee-pee will stay in my pee-pee, it waits for me" (at least once a day I hear this)

Putting him to bed I asked him what he was thinking about (he was looking thoughtful) and he answered (shock)--"I was thinking about the birthday party, who had a birthday?" I answered "Jacob--it was Jacob's birthday" (wrong), he said "No mommy, it was Caleb's birthday silly (correct), I want to go back there"

Oh this one was embarrassing--we are standing in line buying his T-ball helmet and talking about our movie we were going to see for our date and the lady in front of me started asking us questions "What movie?" "How old is he?" "Did that movie come out today?"--so when she has exhuasted all of these small talk questions (I'm not big on small talk) she turns back around and faces forward.  Camden just sits there and stares at her, never looking away he says "Mommy, she talks different" (she had an accent, I'm thinking maybe she was mexican), and I said "Okay honey, everyone does"--as he repeated and repeated asking "Why does she talk different, what is wrong with her?" NICE!!  Fortunately she just laughed as I explained we all talk different, otherwise how would you know who was calling you on the phone.  . .sheesh!

I will try to post more of the funny things, I just wish I could walk around with a tape recorder!!
On another note, it seems Camden has STOPPED taking naps--I'm thinking that's okay.  As long as he has some downtime so Mommy can have some peace during the day I'm going to just go with it!!  I put him to bed a little early tonight (7:45 once stories were read and backs were rubbed) and told him he could keep his light on and read for a bit--I went and checked on him at about 8 and his light was off and he was knocked out.  .  .WOW!  


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails