Monday, April 06, 2009

More of Camden's Comical Comments!


All night after Camden came back from his grandparents he kept calling me "baby" --like a term of endearment.  .  .I'll be right back, okay baby?  (I guess he hears daddy say it enough)

One night Camden wanted to sit in the dining room for dinner (we have a very casual dining room), so I agreed.  He looked at the picture of Jason in his navy uniform that sits in there and says--"Hey, you get down here and sit with us"--then he looked at me and laughed.  This led into the discussion about where daddy was and who he was doing work for:
"Who is the Navy?"
"A branch of our military (yes, I know it's over his head, but sometimes you don't have a choice) made up of men and women who go out and protect our country"
after some thought--"that is SO nice of them--my daddy is SO nice"

Dinner just the 2 of us at Frontera, we've eaten and I reach down to check for a quarter for the gumball machine--I realize that I have left my wallet at home.  .  .I freaked out, and told Camden 'Oh no--Mommy doesn't have any money'- who else was I going to tell??  He yells--it's okay mommy, I'm sure some of these people have money for us!!  Then the waiter comes by to see if I need a refill and Camden (hands up in the air) says NO--WE DON'T NEED THAT, WE JUST NEED SOME MONEY!  --nice.  .  .

Sees a little boy in the hospital on TV--Mommy, why is he in the hospital?  Is he sick, or is he born?

The other night Camden found a button--he asked what it was and I told him it was trash, we needed to throw it away--he immediately started crying and said "No Mommy--it's a treasure"
bless his heart, he truly comes by it honestly--I collected everything!  I still have a hard time throwing away tags and spare buttons off of my clothes!

The newest thing he's started: What can I have to eat Mommy, talk to me about it, tell me what can I have?

Tonight as I was putting him to bed he told me after I read his story he wanted me to tell him a secret(he whispered the secret party).  .  .Okay--do you know what a secret is?  "NO" it's something you don't want anyone else to know.  So after his story I whispered something in his ear (truly I don't remember what it was), and then I told him I wanted a secret.  He sat up and thought really hard and then whispered (in tune mind you): "It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Come inside it's fun inside" "k-e-y M-o-u-s-e" then laid back down!!  haha!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails