Friday, March 27, 2009

The Doctor & The Dentist--It's been a busy week!!

We've had a pretty busy week this week--Camden had his first dentist appointment, and his first fishing trip!  Evan had a check-up, and I worked at the consignment sale at Camden's school (it was pretty fun just to get out and break up my week)

The dentist went as expected.  There was some crying--OKAY--there was a lot of crying!!  I had to hand Baby Evan off to one of the techs so she could give him his bottle and hold Camden in my lap so the dentist could clean his teeth.  Basically I held him belly to belly and leaned him back with his head in her lap--it was quick and easy but we didn't attempt the X-rays this time.  We let Buzz Lightyear sit in the big dentist chair while Camden sat in Mommy's lap!! :)  Jason sent a package to Camden that had just arrived that morning--it was a Buzz Lightyear action figure!  He LOVES it!!  It talks and moves and all kinds of stuff!  Next time he goes to the dentist daddy should be back so maybe he can take him!!  That felt so exciting to make that appointment knowing that I would no longer be living my life as a "single mom" when his turn comes around again! :)
I'm pretty sure he had fun fishing, but you'd have to look to Gi-Gi and Granddaddy for more explanation!!  They are the ones that took him!!

We took Evan to the doctor yesterday for his 4-month check up!  Apparently he's growing just fine, so I don't need to worry about his lack of napping stunting his growth!  (I'm pretty sure I read about that in my book that all of my friends and family are threatening to throw away)

WEIGHT: 17LBS .5 OZ (84 %)
LENGTH: 25.25 " (60%)
HEAD: 17" (72%)

Dr. Stickney said that Evan was officially a member of the "big head club" now!!  :) I knew there was a reason we scheduled a C-section!  He's really doing well!  We have started feeding him with a spoon and so far so good!  The Dr. told me I could continue with his regular 4-6oz bottles.  .  .HAHAHAH!!  YEA--I pretty much laughed and said you mean 8 oz bottles, to which he responded, "no wonder he's growing so well" :)  

Things have been pretty busy this week--as they often are!  We are gearing up for a fun trip to the beach in a couple of weeks, and then back home to finish out the school year!!  Camden starts T-ball on Tuesday--I'm excited, I think it will be fun for him!  If nothing else he'll get some energy out!  After that we start swim lessons!!  

I hope everyone is doing well!  We are hanging in there, missing Daddy of course, but every day is one step closer.........

close, but not too close!!

my little hams! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Janie's first dentist appointment is on Tues. We will see how if goes. Also, I got a good laugh from your last post about the conversations with Camden. I hear a lot of that some stuff - "I want cereal in a baggie in your bed" is something I hear every morning while I am trying to get those last few minutes of sleep!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,
Your blog is a wonderful idea keeping everyone informed. We enjoy hearing about the boys as well as you and Jason. The pictures are great, thanks. We're very proud of all of you. and you are always in our prayers.
We stay pretty busy with doctors appointments and all the varied tests they require so don't be discouraged when you don't always hear from us.
Jeanie is recovering from surgery and we are getting on with our lives. Now maybe we can communicate with all more than we have is the past.
May God bless and keep you, one and all.
gp&gg conner

Unknown said...

Hi Mel:

I hope that all that crying you did at the dentist didn't upset Camden :->

Love,
GrandDaddy

Related Posts with Thumbnails