1--I just knew when I started staying home that my house would always be ready for visitors, no dust, no dog hair, no dishes in the sink, beds made up, and of course--no ring around the toilet. . .the whole idea of this is laughable--my house is more of a wreck now than it ever was, the only difference is now I really truly am constantly cleaning. I must vacuum at least 2 times a week, I even sweep now--it doesn't help. The dust isn't quite as thick, but it's still there. The dishes--don't even get me started, I should probably just move my bed in the kitchen b/c I'm there pretty much 85% of my day--WHO KNEW. I stopped even bothering making up Camden's bed, he's got so many toys and things in there if I move one he comes and asks what I've done with it "Mommy, where is my piece of ripped notebook paper that was underneath the covers 1/2 way down the bed? " REALLY?
2--I thought I would have more time. I really don't have more time, I mean I do in the sense that I'm not driving 2 hours a day and rushing home to throw dinner together and then it's off to bath and bed. . .but I don't just have time to sit and do nothing (or work on baby books)--I'm even starting to have trouble finding time to blog. . .
3--I thought I would be in better shape by now. . .that's just all I'm going to say
I know there's more, I talk about this all the time to my friends, but I guess everyone starting new chapters have expectations that aren't really realistic! You just never know until you start that new chapter!
Other than these expectations that aren't being met--life is pretty good right now. We've been able to talk to Jason often (Camden included) and this really helps fill a void for all of us. I pretty much put the phone on speaker and we all just talk, like we were sitting together at the kitchen table or something. Camden asks about his daddy all the time, and it's getting harder and harder to see the look of disappointment on his face when I tell him that it's not time for daddy to come home yet--it's equally as hard to hear Jason's voice crack every time Camden asks him when he is coming home or tells him he can "come home to play with him. . .if he wants to"--this will only get harder, but I am so relieved that Camden is asking and does miss his Daddy.
I do have to take a minute to mention that Camden and I seem to have gotten over our period of adjustment that we were having. It was a struggle there for a while, but it seems he is back to his old self again!! We are really enjoying each other again!! It was tough for a few weeks there, but it seems we are back on the right track!!
Evan is doing very well--speaking of expectations--he is really coming through for me on the ones I've had for him!! We are sleeping--and we are sleeping quite well!! I hesitate to even write it here, but. . . We've gone completely through the night since Wednesday--I'm talking from about 8 or 9- to about 7 or 8!! In fact he's pushing his last bottle up himself--he took it at 7:30 tonight and was konked out by 8, thus giving me the opportunity to read stories and rub a back without hearing someone crying in the background!! I know he won't sleep this long tonight since I have written it here--he's stubborn like that--but I did want to share!! :)
We really are doing well overall, I feel like I can start breathing again as the weight on my shoulders is easing up a bit!! Our biggest issue right now is missing Daddy!! Hopefully this will continue to be our biggest issue until he returns safely home to us!! As always, thank you so much for your prayers, words of encouragement, and all of the help I get from everyone!! I'm signing off to go watch Apprentice or Brother's and Sisters--I just can't decide!!
I'll post some pics later!! :)
1 comment:
Oh Melanie, you've got to give yourself more credit! It sounds like you've got things under control. And in time it will get easier for all of you.
Post a Comment