I'm explaining all of this so you can sort of understand why I'm into "theme songs"! Every so often I will hear a song that makes me feel good, or gives an inspirational message and sometimes even makes me cry. My true true theme song in the soundtrack of my life is, and forever will be, "I Like Big Butts" by Sir Mix-A-Lot--thank you for making me love my big 'ol booty and making me feel like a "sista you can't resista"!! That being said, there is alway room for a theme song that sort of goes with my life and gives me inspiration--There was one time when it was "I Will Survive" (all women at some point in their life adopt this one), more recently "Pocket Full of Sunshine", and currently "The Climb"--I don't know if you've heard this song, but it really is very inspirational:
"There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna want to have to move
Always gonna be an uphill battle, sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
It's not about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side. . .
It's the Climb"
When I heard this on the radio the other day I immediately turned it up, teared up a bit, and thought well there you go--that's what this is all about. Then I found out it's a Hannah Montana song. . .NICE--I'm now being inspired by 16 year olds, I can only assume someone older and more experienced wrote the song--and that's what I'll tell myself because for the time being--this is my theme!
WHAT'S YOUR THEME?? If you don't have one, I encourage you to let one find you. Rarely do I go looking, it typically finds me!! Start the soundtrack of your life--you'll feel better! :)
1 comment:
Love this! Theme songs are my life - and through the many things in my life there is always a song that goes along with it! I'm sure a brilliant 30-something wrote the Hannah Montana song too!
Post a Comment