Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Getting into the swing of things



We have smiles!!!  Excuse the chin folks--he comes by it honestly!!  See he looks a little like me! :)
Camden's first day of his new school!

Well--it's been almost 2 weeks since Jason left and we are slowly but surely getting into the swing of things here on our own.  It hasn't been easy, in fact, there's moments I've wanted to throw in the towel and hand my kids over to anyone who was willing to take them.  .  .okay--maybe I wouldn't go that far, but we've definitely had our challenges.  I'm sure as time goes on, there will be many more to come, that's just life.  

Camden has had almost 2 full weeks of his school and he LOVES it!!  I started carpool today (which basically means I sit in my car and they come and get him and bring him to me)--I wasn't going to do this, but it's a lot of work getting Evan and Camden out of the car, walking him to class and then going back to the car and getting everyone situated back in.  Don't you judge me-- :)--my back hurts people, those carriers are not meant  for babies to be carried in them!  Anyway, he thought that was the neatest thing ever today when they came and got him out of the car, and then brought him to me this afternoon!  He is also trying my patience, although, it's been much less this week than it was last week.  I'm learning to choose my battles, and to remember that I'm the adult so yelling back isn't necessarily the way to go.  

Evan is doing pretty well!!  He's giving me a solid 5-6 hr block of sleep at night, and this week I've started slightly stretching out times between feedings, and putting him down for naps in his crib!  There's been a lot less unscheduled crying this week than we had last week!  Don't get me wrong, he still has his moments--but for the most part I can predict it, typically between 7-9pm and if I hold him, he'll quit!  

The hardest part about all this is just learning to cope with everything on my own.  I'm such a talker, when I have a problem I usually vent about it with Jason and then together we figure out how to fix it.  .  .we still talk, but now I just get defensive if he offers advice--HOW WOULD HE KNOW HE'S NOT HERE!!  It's lonely not having your partner around, even if we did just sit in silence and watch TV--at least I had someone to fight with over the remote control, or to talk to about if dinner was good or not (I can't even get Camden to try anything)!  I've been able to talk to him almost every day, so that helps--although I know as he gets deeper into training and then heads out to wherever it is they are sending him these conversations will be less and less frequent.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am totally with you on all this girl. Wish we lived closer so that we could vent together!

Related Posts with Thumbnails