I would like to start by congratulating my friends Robert & Morgan Hay on their new baby boy Stockton! He was born earlier today and Robert blogged every step of the way!! :) Thank you for the wonderful documentation, it was fun to follow along--and I did, all day!! Thank goodness for blogs and facebook!
Here is my 2 cents about being a parent--you are about to get a lot of advice from a lot of people, and EVERYONE knows best :)!! Take it all with a grain of salt, use what works, throw out what doesn't--every baby is different, every family is different and every method doesn't work for everyone! Make your choices and own them, don't let anyone make you feel bad for the choices YOU make for YOUR child!! (i.e. breastfeeding, daycare, pacifiers all seem to be the ones that get people the most worked up) Stockton will have no idea that you don't know what you are doing--so don't worry--you can all figure it out together!! :) Okay, that's it--CONGRATULATIONS, and I'm glad there is someone else out there who won't be sleeping--you can text me, I'm usually up around 3-4 am :)!!! :)
NOW on to Evan! We all loaded up and went to the doctor today--I was able to oversleep yet still get a shower and somewhat keep my cool getting out the door ON TIME this morning!! I would love to say I did it all on my own, but I had help from Grandma!! ANYWAYS, the important thing is we got there on time, this is a huge feat for me! Here are Evan's stats:
WEIGHT: 13LBS, 7.5OZ (79%)
HEIGHT: 23.75" (70%)
HEAD: 16 (59%)
Dr. Stickney said he was looking good, and growing very well. . .My back says he's growing well too--those baby carriers are not made for wimps!! We got 2 shots and 1 oral vaccine (this is new, because Camden didn't get it) and we had to take one dose of tylenol this afternoon b/c someone was not feeling well! :) We will have the bumbo seat out in the next couple of weeks, I tried it last night but he needs just a little more control over that head. . .I can't believe how quickly he is growing. I've packed up my 0-3 month clothes already (can you believe it?)--this is good news for Tiffany though since they are all going straight to her!
After our doctor's visit we went out to Go Pro for a little visit. I'm sure they just love to see us coming!! Camden is so comfortable there--he loves to "work" with Bonnie (he earned $1 today), and Mr. Steve has a whole assortment of toys on his window sill to play with! He's not even shy, we get in the door and he basically waves bye to me and heads out to entertain himself!! :) He tried very hard to get Mr. Chester to play outside with him today!! I'm glad they are still so welcoming--otherwise I wouldn't have anywhere to take my 3 year old to play! haha!
Oh yeah--I almost forgot--Camden got to take his first trip to Chuck-E-Cheese last weekend and he loved it!! :)
We met Jessica and her 2 kiddos there for some Sunday morning fun! I thought for sure he would be terrified of Chuck E--but not at all. He didn't get too close mind you, but he watched cautiously and got a little closer every time we went into the area where he was!! I would definitely go back--and I would try to go in the morning--they open at 9! We left when it was really
starting to pick up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment