Sunday, May 23, 2010

Celebrating Camden


So, I feel like so any of my posts are about Evan, or have lots of pics of Evan--it's mainly b/c I'm with him 24 hours a day, and he's a total ham for the camera, whereas, Camden isn't the best poser (as you'll see from the pics in this post).  Anyway, he's growing so quickly and I just want to take a minute to Celebrate Camden!!

Camden hit a major milestone last week.  .  .We made it 7 days waking up dry!!  The 7 day mark was my goal--once he hit that, he was ready to go on without pull ups at night, AND he got a prize.  We've been marking the days for several months--and we finally got 7 days in a row last week!!  It happened Wednesday, which also happened to be the day he missed school b/c he was wheezing and coughing and just needed to rest.  So, we headed to the doctor and then we went to Wal-Mart for his prize.  As many of you know, he has a major obsession with cameras (read all about it here), so his choice for a prize was a camera--not a pretend one, a real one!!  So off we went, I'd already checked one out and he was thrilled that I finally agreed to it!  It's by no means something I would want to capture lots of my memories on, but it's digital, you can hook it up to a computer to download, and it takes videos.  The only drawback is that it only holds 30 images (even though it's stated clearly on the package that it holds 120) and with my avid photographer those 30 images fill up FAST!!


Camden also wrapped up another year of Journey class (his Wednesday night program at church), and his final year in pre-school (I don't think pre-K counts as preschool.  .  .)  Last Wednesday was his Awards night at Journey and the Explorers got up and sang their Journey song and recited their Journey Bible Verse--but before that we were able to see a lovely performance from his 3 year old handbell choir.  .  .I would love to post video, but for some reason the video I took isn't working.  Once I figure it out, I will post it for you!  It's great!!  I know he was sad to leave his pre-school as well, he has had the best teachers at Snellville UMC!  Monday we will be wrapping up t-ball and then the summer begins!!  We are very excited to get in some pool time and to visit grandparents and great grandparents very soon!


So besides the milestones--there are lots of things that you should know about Camden:
--He is starting to LOVE grilled chicken--he couldn't get enough of it tonight at dinner
--His shyness seems to be wavering a bit--I've been noticing that when we go places and he sees people he knows he runs toward them ready to give them a high5 or a big hug!!
--He's still not really "athletic" but he does enjoy playing sports--so far I think his favorite has been basketball, but we will try soccer out in the fall!
--This year, he learned to write & spell his name, and he can tell you his phone # (or he could yesterday ;)
--He and I joined the summer reading program at the library and we are going to set a goal to read 10 new books and learn 10 new words (1 from each book)
--He loves to share, but sometimes wants to give his toys away rather than just let his friends play with them
--He's grown 3" since September
--His laugh & smile are AWESOME
--He is the best big brother ever!!  

Camden, we love you buddy!  It's hard to believe it's been 4.5 years since you so abruptly entered this world!!  I can't imagine life without you in it!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails