Tuesday, May 11, 2010

She's Crafty

...she gets around, she's crafty, she's.  .  .OOPS--wrong song!

Okay--so I'm generally not one to toot my own horn, and I'm really not tooting just MY horn this time--BUT--another mom and I did a little project for Camden's teachers for Teacher Appreciation Week--and I'm kind of proud of it.  Now, to those of you out there who are going to say: "Gift cards, we teachers want gift cards!!"  Trust me, I'm hearing you!  It was up to each room mom to decide how to approach Teacher Appreciation, I chose to do a different little something each day, ending the week with the "Class gift" (which is also the end of the year gift, since the end of the year is next week).  SO here's the week in a nutshell (well, really it's in a list, but you know what I'm saying):

MONDAY: shower them with flowers
TUESDAY: handmade card-let your child write their name or a note (they've been learning all of this in class this year)
WEDNESDAY: we are responsible for one part of a meal for ALL teachers AND they are presented with my craftiness.  .  .just wait, just wait
THURSDAY: sweet treats for our sweet teachers
FRIDAY: class gift

Okay, so I'm really not crafty, most things that I do end up looking like I'm really not crafty.  .  .BUT I wanted to do something from the class, since it seemed like ALL of the other room moms were doing crafty stuff.  So I chose to do Teacher Handbooks--the idea is to get each child's handprint (or trace each child's hand) and on each hand write why their teacher is special to them.  .  .Have you ever tried to trace a 4 year old's hand?  Have you ever tried to write inside of a cut-out of a 4 year old's hand?  There's really not much room.  So another mom (thank goodness for Cheryl b/c I would've been tying string around paper cut outs of 4 year old hands without her) and I decided we were going to try to make little books for the teachers and just paste the handprint on each page--Y'ALL--they turned out sooooooo cute!!  We are so proud of them!!  I am so proud of our efforts! :)  Don't you love when a little project comes together??!!!



What?  You aren't as impressed as I am??  That's cool--I'm a total amateur.  .  .I'm impressed enough for all of us! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails