Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Camden's Nighttime Adventure

So.  .  .Camden has recently started getting up in the night so he can play with "Mommy & Daddy's Things", the story is quite funny--although I can't tell him that it's funny just yet!!!  One day when he's older and has his friends over or his first girlfriend over I'll be sure to tell the story.  I'm sure it's one that will come up time and time again!!

The story starts with a very tired Mommy putting her cell phone in her purse and finding the camera there.  .  .OKAY--let me back up you have to know that Camden is absolutely OBSESSED with cameras, cell phones, lap tops, etc!  He comes by it quite honestly, for all of you who know his Daddy he always has the newest gadget (especially MAC products), and it's only "the best" for him :)!!  Anyway, so I discovered the camera in my purse and I KNOW I didn't put it there.  (oh yea, Camden is also obsessed with purses, lipstick, bras, and my shoes)  So for some reason I decide I'm going to look at the pictures on the camera--I start scrolling through and there are all of these random pics of Camden's room--lights on, lights off, pics of his buddy Mr. Frog, and even on of half of his face--and let me just add in that you can see an image of part of my purse as well.  .  .
I really sort of freaked out when I saw the date and time stamp b/c it was showing 2/1 (which was that day) at 12:00 (he had been at school, so obviously it wasn't noon when he was taking these photos).  I realized he must've gotten up in the night and had himself a little photo shoot!  When I picked him up at school, first he lied about it, but when I let him know that I could see any pictures he took with our camera he came clean.  He said "I did it while everyone was sleeping!" and then sort of grinned at me!!  Anyway, of course I explained that we can't play with Mommy & Daddy's things and we shouldn't be up in the middle of the night and he would have to be punished.  .  .he got really quiet for about a second and then with way too much enthusiasm asked: "Did you see the one I took of myself?  How about the one of Mr. Frog?  Did you see those?  How about the one of my whole room?"
Like I said--entirely too much enthusiasm for a little boy who was going to be punished for doing something wrong!!  Although, I had to just be quiet b/c I knew I wouldn't be able to answer him without bursting out laughing!!

I was very freaked out with the whole thing really--I mean, he's getting up in the night, he's lying, he's playing with our things.  .  .WHERE DID I GO WRONG???  Then I went through the whole story with my friends Kasey & Matt--they listened and nodded, and when I got to the end and explained how sad I was because I couldn't trust my little boy anymore.  .  .they both bursted out laughing!  (they have 3 boys of their own, so anytime I have questions about boys--they are usually the ones I go to)  Kasey said "honey he's 4" and Matt said "you have at least another 2 years of him getting in your stuff"  Apparently they have the same issue at their house as well!  So good to know that it's perfectly normal!! :)  Once I figured that out, and figured out that my child wasn't going to necessarily grow up to be a pathological liar--I relaxed a bit!!  Also, the article Jason pulled up on dishonesty in preschoolers made me feel a little better as well!  (I'm not kidding, we were totally freaked)

I hope everyone has a great week--I'm once again praying we have no more sickness!!  Poor Evan has a double ear infection, but hopefully the antibiotics will knock that right out!!  I'll leave you with some shots from Camden's "photoshoot" enjoy :

Self Portrait:



Camden's room with the lights off:



Camden's room with the lights on:


Camden's bed (please note my purse in the bottom left corner):

Mr. Frog all tucked in:



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails