Monday, March 08, 2010

Frozen in time

Do you ever have one of those moments in your life that you wish you could just freeze?  Ingrain it in your memory so you never forget it?  I'm sure we all do, the day you got married, or when you had your first child, or graduated from college.  .  .or maybe it's just a wonderful unexpected beautiful fall day playing kick ball with friends at a "college football kickoff party" (if you were there, you remember this day)!!
Well, the other night we had one.  I'm going to just jot it down here for my own purpose, as this is a blog about my life, and one day I will look back and read it and cry--because I cry over everything!!

The boys and I went to church Wednesday night and had dinner and played with friends, we go pretty much Wednesday but this was the first time everyone has really been at 100%--usually I'm worried about Evan being tired or not feeling well b/c he's been sick for the past month!  Anyway, it's typically a later night so we got home around 8:30, we should've gone straight to bed, but for some reason we found ourselves on Mommy & Daddy's bed playing with party horns that had been handed out in Journey class, and just hanging out.  There was so much excitement, laughter, and talking--I couldn't bring myself to make it stop so we could all get to bed!  As I looked around and watched my sweet boys and my husband I just thought--this is it, this is what it's all about--thank you for blessing me!  Don't you just love those moments??


Camden at his first basketball practice
I guess I also need to go ahead and fill you in on Evan's 15 month stats:
WEIGHT: 24LBS 15OZ (44%)
LENGTH: 31"(41%)
HEAD: 18 3/4" (60%)
The doctor really freaked me out this time because they were so "concerned" that he doesn't have "words" yet!  He's usually VERY laid back and go with the flow on stuff so I was surprised--and it's why I sort of freaked!  Anyway, sadly, I don't remember when Camden started talking--but I do know that it wasn't 15 months!  I started testing Evan with things and he definitely understand what I'm saying to him and he can DEFINITELY hear me--so I'm satisfied that he's developing right on schedule!  I was also a little surprised that they asked if he could color with crayons.  .  .I mean, he can EAT crayons--but I'm not sure I'm ready for him to color on my walls with them yet so I keep them put up as much as possible.  He is a very happy boy, and truly to know him is to love him!!  (just like his brother)

Camden wrapped up his basketball season on Saturday--he really loved it!!  I was glad to see him actually dribble, and run, and even attempt a few shots!!  He's ready for T-ball this spring .  .  .(Lord help!!)

(sorry for the not so great pics but our camera-computer sharing situation is a little complicated and I don't always  have access to the really good ones!)

1 comment:

Monica said...

What a great post Melanie - and SO TRUE! Those are the best memories to remember. The truly unexpected one are the ones that last forever!

Related Posts with Thumbnails