woke up with a killer sinus headache--figures (however, we slept until 8--the whole house, even Jason; this is me trying to focus on the positive), I had the windows open all day, and we were outside all afternoon yesterday. I got camden off to school and decided I was not going to workout yet. . .it was too cold to walk (my original plan) so I plopped--I don't feel well, remember?? I started feeling a little better and planned to workout, but Jason called and forgot his computer at home--so I took it to him. This didn't make my day bad, it just messed with my schedule--but I'm a domestic engineer, I can be flexible and make it work!!! I knew that probably I wouldn't be working out so I went ahead and stopped for milk and then picked Camden up from school--so far so good. . .while I was there I also bought some of those black elastic hair band thingies for my hair--they don't work, they just pop off. . .DANG IT!!!!!@!!
We get home and Evan and I haven't eaten, I tell Camden that I'm going to make us some lunch and then they can play--guess what: Camden is hungry too--this is weird b/c he's NEVER hungry. . .(hahaha)--so I split up last night's homemade pizza between the 3 of us, divvy up the strawberries and give myself a salad. Evan is a bit of a whiner, and learning some words would be good so he can stop pointing at things that I don't see and crying b/c he wants them. . .Camden tries to be helpful, but sometimes he perpetuates the situation. PLUS, he often ignores when I'm telling him not to do something and does it anyway. Sometimes I can deal--but today, not so much--I'm having a bad one. ANYWAY, the boys go upstairs to play and of course about 5 minutes in Camden decides he's done. I ask him to give me 15 minutes to get my clothes put away (a task that is VERY difficult when Evan is downstairs b/c he is into EVERYTHING) and then I'll let them come down. I get done, let him know, but he has decided playing is fun and he wants to do it a little longer. I do my routine 5 minute check and Camden has dumped every bin out into the FLOOR and the bins are stacked nicely up on his train table. He tells me this is because his friend Lauren doesn't like to have to go back and forth to get things out. . .LAUREN IS NOT HERE!! ugh. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a fight (a blood pressure raising, mommy yelling fight) EVERY TIME it was time to clean up. . .but it is, and I'm just not up for it. I very calmly let him know that he was to pick every toy up and put them back in the bins--he would do nothing until that was done, and this was the only time I would tell him. . .
I wonder if it will work???
I guess it's good to have bad days sometimes, because otherwise how would I know when I'm having a good one?? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment