I decided to invite my friends with children in preschool over for a little playdate!! It turned out to be wonderful! We had kids from Evan's age up to Camden's age--they all played so well together!! I think in all we had about 11 kids. They were all well behaved and such fun to watch. I was super excited about Evan having someone his own age to interact with. He tends to get left out when Camden's friends come over, and since slacker mommy hasn't gotten a gate for the top of our playroom stairs, he usually sits at the bottom of the stairs and shakes on the gate and screams b/c he wants to go play! One thing I did not do, TAKE PICTURES! Since Jason has been back I've been so bad at remembering to take pics of the kids. I vow next time we have a playdate to take pictures!!
Another exciting adventure we had was a snow day--and I mean a REAL snow day!! Snow was falling for hours and hours, and stopped and started, and seriously covered the ground!! Jason left a little early from work to beat the ice and we took the boys out for a little while to play! Being southerners, we don't have much "gear"! The boys have mittens (although Camden only has one), but they aren't waterproof or anything. Evan has snow pants, but only b/c they were in style when Camden was a baby and they were purchased for him so he could be "stylish"!! Needless to say we made due!! We also didn't have a sled, but Jason improvised and pulled Camden around in a laundry basket!!!
Camden and Daddy played outside the most. Mommy and Evan went out very briefly--but it was cold, and he's walking but prefers crawling. . .need I say more?? :)
The snow didn't last long, it was pretty much gone on Saturday evening--but it was fun while it lasted! I'd like to put in a request with the big guy that we end Winter and start Spring. . .I'm ready for some warmer weather and some outside playdates!!
I also want to say WELCOME BABY BLAKE KELLER!! He arrived February 6th at 4:02pm--he was a little early so he spent some time in the NICU BUT--just heard he is headed home today--YAY!!!! In a year these first weeks will feel just like a moment in time!! ALSO, BABY ETHAN WALKER will be making his arrival early this week--praying for y'all too!!! Can't wait to meet you little buddy!!
Everyone have a great week--I'm hoping to make storytime this week--we've been sick for a MONTH now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment