Last week was the infamous "Consignment Week"!! Some of us anticipate with excitement, some of us dread it like no other week! I am in the first category! I'm on the PTA and the Consignment Board at Evan's (used to be Camden's, about to be Braelyn's) preschool--it is a lot of work, but it does give me a purpose other than housekeeper, cook, and bottom wiper! :) Every year the PTA (and consignment board, I have to say that because they are separate and there are only 2 of us from PTA on the CB)--anyway. . .we have a consignment sale--a really awesome consignment sale. This was my 3rd sale on the board and I have to admit that I'm pretty proud of it. The week is full of challenges, but we work hard and even though there are times tears are shed (mainly mine this week--it was a rough week) we come out on the other side loving each other and proud of what we have accomplished. Not only does the sale raise money for our preschool, it also helps us to reach those in our community that might not be able to run up to the Avenues to buy the latest and greatest, and it brings people into the church that might not have otherwise. I really do love being a part of this sale, and even though it exhausts me I feel that it is worth it! Also, I shop consignment for my kiddos. . .especially Braelyn. Seriously y'all--if you have a girl consignment is the way to go. I'm incredibly picky and generally most of what I buy looks like it has never been worn!
So, on top of it being consignment week Braelyn got sick. I tried to head it off the Friday before, I knew it was coming--but we checked out and woke up Sunday night with a fever. . .not awesome! So Monday they said she sort of had an ear infection coming and by Thursday I had her in the after hours office with a fever of 102 and a full blown ear infection. . .and a new prescription! I know it was bad because she literally did not sleep for about 2 nights. Friday about noon I realized that she really had not had much to drink all day. We kept trucking along and the day got away from me (it always does), when she woke up from her nap (7pm, yes it was a late one) I realized that her diaper was dry and I hadn't changed her since noon. . .OH! MY! GOODNESS!! I freaked!! Fortunately, she ended up turning it around AFTER I had emotional breakdown on the phone with my dad, another with my mother in law, then with the After Care Doctor's office, and the answering service for my pediatrician. . .did I mention I hadn't slept in 2 nights and she had been crying for 2 hours?? Not my finest moment. . .GOOD NEWS, she is great. . .but I'm still tired! :)
Camden brought home a report card last week! He got straight E's (and S's because some subjects that's the highest you can go)! He even brought up his grammar grade from S to E! I'm so proud. He really does so well, and it seems so effortless! It must come from his father. . .
Today I decided it was time for us to "relearn" tying our shoes. . .and you know what--we did it!! I had decided to make him practice for 30 minutes this afternoon when he came home, and we went over it several times and by the end we were racing! I'm so proud! Neither of us lost our cool (which is unusual. . .for me anyway)
![]() |
| He hates getting that picture taken! |
Jason is still traveling more than he's not. . .I feel like I'm in deployment mode--except not really because we are lucky enough to see him on the weekends! I just wish I could figure out meals! My kids don't eat anything so to cook something good is such a waste! BUT I DON'T WANT STUPID KID FOOD! Tonight I went with a Smart Ones frozen meal. . .I'm about to gnaw my arm off as I type. . .something has to give!
Sorry for all the words--sometimes I just have a lot to say!


No comments:
Post a Comment