Monday, March 11, 2013

Careful, this one is ALL over the place!

So, today was a school holiday.  .  .not really a holiday, just a built in "snow make up day" that we never really needed to make up-therefore we were out today. Now, I know my teacher friends get upset when they see people post about how they don't like their kids being out of school-as if it was the teacher's job to baby sit.  .  .it's totally not the teacher's job, but it is a nice perk ;) haha!!  Kidding, I love my kids and usually I don't mind them being out of school, but for some reason today was the LONGEST.  DAY.  EVER!!  It just finished up in fact.  I don't know why it was that way, maybe because Jason is out of town so there was no relief for me.  Usually I have activities planned, but I just didn't plan anything today.  We did make some playdoh (I love homemade playdoh), watched tv, played xbox and all just really got on each others nerves!  YES, Mommy's get on their kids nerves sometimes too!!  So that's it, the day is done.  We had breakfast dinner, drew names for who gets to sleep in mommy's bed, and had some quality reading time after our baths--so all is right in the world.  .  .for now!

This post is probably going to be all over the place tonight, I have lots on my mind and this tends to be a good place to get it all out.  For one, it's my blog so I can write what I want.  For another, I feel like if I put it here it holds me accountable.  So, last week I started a new workout plan.  A special lady introduced me to Shrinking Jeans last week.  It's wonderful!  It has all types of workout plans, motivational things (lots of ways to connect and get emotional support), meal plans, etc.  Amber told me she was going to start working on the monthly workouts from March, July, and August--so of course, I decided I would too!  I'm proud to say I've stuck with it.  .  .I just love it.  Even doing the 3 months combined takes me about 20 minutes-what this means for me is, life really can't get in the way.  I can usually find about 20 minutes in each day to do something for myself and I'm making this a priority!  I'm also trying to keep up with my running--this is getting tougher because Jason's work schedule is keeping him out of town most weeks, but I am committed to keeping it up and since I've written it here for all 2 or 3 of my readers to see.  .  .I must keep it up!  The other thing is, check out this site!  I really do like it!  I was just looking for something to supplement my running and this has done it-so YAY!
Here is my next accountability statement: I'm giving up Diet Coke.  .  .it's time.  I know, I know--this I will probably fail at, but I am going to try REALLY hard!  I love diet coke, I would't call myself an addict because I don't have it everyday.  I do really enjoy it, especially from a fountain.  If you go out to eat with me, I can down like 6 fountain drinks and then take a to-go cup.  .  .here is the problem--it affects my brain, it's not the caffeine, it's the artificial sweetener-I have NO DOUBT about this.  I work so hard to keep it away from my kids and I really need to keep it away from myself too.

Sunday was an awesome day here in GA!  Almost 70, sunny, beautiful--just beautiful!!  We played outside with sidewalk chalk, and bubbles (homemade-I love homemade bubbles), water guns.  .  .so fun!  The boys got to go play down the street for a bit and ventured off into the woods-YIKES-totally makes me nervous but they had so much fun!!  I was glad they were able to have some adventures similar to what we used to have when the time changed and the weather warmed up!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails