This morning one of my favorite radio personalities Jenn Hobby was discussing movies and tv shows that should be avoided during pregnancy. For those of you who haven't been pregnant, you have to understand, any little thing will set you off-you will literally cry over killing a fly. This got me to thinking though--because, I was definitely that way when I was pregnant-ask my mom, she was totally ready to kill me. BUT listen ladies, it doesn't go away once that baby is out. I swear, my tear ducts grew 3 times the day Camden was born. Let me explain. . .
So, first you should know, I don't like to cry in front of people--EVER! Once I had kids though, it's like an uncontrollable phenomenon. I cry over everything. I've always been someone who chokes up at the National Anthem, it's true, you'll see me wiping my eyes at ball games or military events when they sing it---but put a flag in my kids hand and have him say the Pledge of Allegiance you might as well hand me an entire box of tissues Something else that shocked me-I cry on their birthdays--it's true, EVERY SINGLE YEAR! When the kids sing Happy Birthday-it's why I hate starting it at their parties because I'm usually totally choked up and can't get through the first line. The first time I took the boys to the circus, I cried through the whole show. The sheer excitement and joy on their faces. . .OMG! I've always cried at weddings, but the last one I attended (and was in by the way)-cried uncontrollably--WHAT?? I cry at romantic comedies, cute kids on tv, sappy commercials, songs that have a nice message, anything military, I mean--I probably cry at least once a day--and I'm generally a happy person. I'd say for the most part, they are happy tears. It's just something about becoming a mom-it changes your perspective on everything!
WOW-I realize for those who aren't mommies yet I've probably just made you SO EXCITED to enter my world-haha! It really is great-you just turn into a total sap!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Amen, sista! Love the title, btw! I cry all the time, though I try to hide it so my family doesn't think I'm a freak. Although, Janie likes to call me out, "mom, are you crying?" Even dumb things like award shows and The Voice make me cry.
So glad it's not just me!!! I cry at award shows too!
Um no Melanie it's not just you. I was a TOTAL sap before, now I'm pretty much pudding. It's horrible!!! I read "Love you Forever" to Matthew the other night, I even told him I would cry while reading it. I was HYSTERICAL, I could barely get through the book. How they heck he didn't look at me and wonder why his Mama was such a freak, I will never know!
oh girl--we have one called "Night Catch" that Jason sent the boys when he was deployed. I started reading it one night and had to stop b/c I couldn't stop crying!! Even thinking about reading it makes me tear up! WHAT IS WRONG WITH US! ?!
Ha ha I am the exact same way!! I would have tried to brush off a broken bone before now do NOT sit near me at the kids Christmas Pageant, I am a total mess!! I always make Dave video it cause I don't want to hear my sniffles on the video!
The things these kids do to us!
Post a Comment