Y'all--can you believe it's been 7 years?? I can't--7 years ago our lives changed forever, and I wouldn't change it back for anything! My sweet Camden came bursting into this world 6 weeks early, I remember it as vividly as if it were yesterday--seriously, I'm crying as I type! Every November 4th my mind wanders backwards, I ask myself--remember that entire pizza you ate? remember how you just wanted to go to bed, but you had this feeling something wasn't right? remember how you and jason vowed not to say anything to your parents b/c you didn't want to freak them out--then you accidentally gave the doctor your mom's number to call back? how about the way you kept checking the clock while you were in triage that night b/c you knew you had a shower the next day and BOY were you going to be exhausted. . .heh heh heh--little did I know 3 days later you would be making your appearance!
 |
| Where we started! |
Needless to say, I didn't make it to any of my showers. Wait--no, I take that back, I made it to one shower! I think we even considered having them after I came home from the hospital, but I couldn't bring myself to celebrate anything until I brought Camden home. He stayed in NICU for 3 weeks, not long compared to others, but too long for me! To this day I still hate the beeps of the monitors, and the word "brady" still makes my stomach turn. (Sorry Brady Ratchford--your name is fine, it's just when it's used when referring to heart monitors--not like you are reading anyway). Camden was a champ though--got up to 5 lbs and learned to eat and got to come on home with Mommy and Daddy the day after Thanksgiving!
 |
| A little bigger-this was the birth announcement pic |
Fast Forward 7 years--WOW KID!! We have watched you turn into such a sweet little boy! Even though you pretend like you don't "love" being the big brother we know you do! I've never had anyone complain about your manners, or your ability to follow the rules. You charm everyone one you come in contact with, especially once they manage to make you smile!! You don't make it easy to earn your real smiles, but once it's been earned you give them freely. I love that you are eager to learn, and you are so proud to bring home good grades, and good citizen awards. Besides the typical 7 year old activities you love playing with your baby sister, I know I can leave her with you (for a second) and she will be in good hands! Even though your brother drives you nuts, you have a super soft spot in your heart for him, you always give in when you see that his sensitive side is coming out! I would describe you as a cautious observer, however, you aren't the introvert that everyone thinks you are. You are just shy, but much like your mommy, once you warm up to someone there is nothing shy about you! Camden we couldn't have asked for a more perfect first born! You bring us so much joy, and we love you so much. We can't wait to see what your future holds for you!
 |
| Camden 7 Years Old-Flashing a "real smile" |
No comments:
Post a Comment