Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer in a Post. . .or 2!!

Well, if you can believe it--summer has come and gone and I haven't had time for a single post!!  Right now, I have a second just to get started, I have lots of consignment things to tag!!  So I will start, and hopefully finish this post in a day or two--as a reader none of this matters to you, but if it's in here I will feel it looming and go ahead and take care of it instead of vegging in front of Big Brother!! :)  Our summer truly has flown right by--since there is much to tell, I will start with June, and then follow up with July and the one week of August that we had!!

Okay--it's Friday and I'm back to writing!!!  Okay so--June! Camden was able to go to 2 weeks of VBS, he went on an adventure of the 'High Seas' at SUMC, and saddled up for 'Saddle Ridge Ranch' at Mount Zion.  I was able to volunteer in the 4 year old class at Mt. Zion so in essence I played a "fly on the wall" and watched Camden interact and play with other kids.  Other than the KILLER stomach bug I came down with the second day it was a great week!
In between these 2 weeks we packed up and headed to good 'ol Huntsville!  It was Family Day for NMCB 24--now the last time I went to Family Day was pre-deployment, it was hot-I was pregnant, knew no one, had a 2 year old to chase around, and had to sit in meetings regarding living wills, and power of attorney, etc.  .  .This time was different--it was still HOT!!  However, there were no meetings-just fun!  Also, I was able to catch up with some of my friends that I made while the guys were deployed!  Much different the 2nd time around, I just wish they would do it a little earlier in the year so it's not so HOT!!!!
Daddy at work (he's the one in the camo.  .  .)



This face paint lasted about.  .  .30 seconds!!  He wanted it so bad, then realized he was bringing attention to himself and people were looking at him, so it had to come off. . .



While we were in Huntsville, we decided to take the boys to the Air & Space Museum.  Thanks to the Military discount, we all got in for F-R-E-E--FREE!  I was so glad, b/c really they are probably too young for it, but we needed something to do!!!

Mommy and her boys!!

Ready to BLAST OFF!!!

I don't know why--but I just love this picture!!

The last week of June I went back to work.  .  .yep--that's right--I went back to help fill in at Go Pro!  Sometimes it's nice to do something different--it was nice to make a change for a while, but I'm really glad that I'm able to be home and close to my boys!!  I really enjoy being involved with them and their school and activities--and if I was working full time outside of the home I know that's something I just wouldn't be able to do in the capacity that I want to do it!!

So--the next post is JULY and AUGUST--wonder how long that will take me to get to?? :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails