Sunday, August 29, 2010

August

we are going to call this one a month of firsts.  .  .hear me out fellow bloggers--do you ever start composing blog posts in your head?  I do, most of them never actually make it from my brain to the computer mind you, but last night I was thinking I needed to start posting about August--we've had a lot going on, we always do, but this month it seems like we've had some important "firsts".  .  .such as:

FIRST INTERVIEW FOR MOMMY (in a long long long long time):
So last year, towards the end of the year, I started thinking about finding something to do that would allow me to work (sort of), and still be home for the boys.  I have been doing some volunteering with kids on Wednesday nights at Mt. Zion, and being the room mom for Camden definitely put me in the classroom setting a little bit, and I thought this might be the route for me to take. .  .maybe I should try to work in the pre-school!  The hours are good, it would allow me to put Evan in school a couple of days a week and I would get a discount, and I would still be able to pick Camden up at the end of the day and we would still have time for dinner, etc.  .  .I applied 2 different places and was thrilled, and a little nervous, when one called me in for an interview. .  .

FIRST DAY OF PRE-K!!
First Day of Pre-K!!  (YES, I know his bag is huge!)
Camden started pre-k on August 9.  It was such a big important day!!  He is in school ALL DAY PEOPLE--ALL DAY!!!  He doesn't have to take his lunch, they feed him there.  Of course that means pretty much doesn't eat all day, but he will.  .  .eventually.  I am so excited about the year, I think that Camden has great teachers (one even graduated from GaSouthern)--even though he says he doesn't like it b/c it's too long, I know he does.  One more thing-the other day when I picked him up, he said: "Mommy, I wanted you so bad today!  I just missed you so much and wanted to be with you!"  Y'all--if that doesn't make you feel like the most important person in the world, hearing those sweet words out of your baby's mouth--nothing will!!

FIRST TIME TO THE DENTIST AND THE DOCTOR WITH NO TEARS:
I know he looks frightened, but he still did it!
What a relief!  The dentist took a little bribe!!  Camden was really pitching a fit beforehand, so I calmly looked at him and said: "Camden, it's okay to be scared, but if you go to the dentist and do everything they ask and sit in their chair with no fussing and fighting, Mommy will take you to get a pack of SillyBandz."  IT WORKED!!  He insisted that I hold his hand, which didn't bother me one bit--but he did AWESOME!!    I've always felt if I could just prove that it's really not that bad, if I could just let him see one time that it doesn't hurt that he would be fine--I really hope it worked!!
The week after we had to go get caught up on some shots for Mr. Camden. .  .rough month so far, right??  We've tried to get these shots more than once, but due to wheezing, have had to cancel.  SO--off we go and again with the bribes. .  .;)--well, maybe it wasn't a bribe, but more a something to look forward to.  On the way there, he said: "You know, I might cry..." to which I responded: "Baby, you can cry, and you can be scared, but you can't kick, scream, or do anything that makes it difficult to give you a shot, I don't want them to have to send a nurse in to hold you down, remember, when you are done we get to watch the Squeakuel, eat pizza, and I'll let you pick out some ice cream at the grocery store!"  Did it work, OH YEA, it worked!!  He said "ow" and scrunched up his face!!  I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!!!

FIRST HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENT:

Things that start with "C"

Okay, I know what you are thinking--Homework??  In Pre-K?? --technically, it's optional, just not in our house.  So the first assignment was to cut out pictures of things that start with a "C"and paste them to the letter "C".  I'm going to be honest, if our first experience foreshadows what we have to look forward to in the homework department--I'd like to retire now!!  Camden does not focus well on these things--and he pretty much "half-assed" it.  .  .HOWEVER, he comes by that very honestly b/c (as much as I cringe to admit it)--I was the EXACT same way!!  Needless to say, it did get done, but Mommy had to recut our pictures!!  Oh well--we have to do one every weekend (I think) so hopefully it will just get to be habit. .  .  



FIRST DAY AT A NEW JOB:
Well, yes, I did get the job!!  I will be assisting in a 2-day 2 year old class.  So 2 days a week, Evan and I will head on into Snellville UMC (this is also where Camden went).  I'm very excited, school hasn't actually started yet, but Monday started 2 weeks of orientation and pre-planning.  I don't have to actually go for the full 2 weeks, but it's nice to have something else to focus on other than my "cleaning" schedule :)!!  I think this is going to be such a wonderful opportunity, and I really just can't wait to get started with it!!  The girl I'm teaching with is COMPLETE opposite of me--so I think we will feed off of each other very well!!  I'm sure more on my experiences will be posted!!

FIRST DAY OF SOCCER:
First Soccer Practice
So, I know we are all over the place with our sports, BUT, my goal is to show Camden his choices and then see what he excels in, and what he enjoys the most, and then focus on that!!  I totally wish we had STARTED with soccer--we got to the field the other night and Camden grabbed his ball and said "SEE YA, I KNOW HOW TO PLAY SOCCER!"  Not once did I have to tell him to go join his team, or remind him to pay attention.  He had a great time, and he can kick the ball!  I was so proud and excited for him!







Well, that's it for our month of August!  It's been a good month, and a HOT month!!  I'm ready for it to cool off a bit--anyone else???

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails