and by "it" I mean S&*%--I'll just go ahead and let you know that if you can't handle discussions of poop then stop reading now. . .
OKAY--I think I've given everyone a chance to exit if they feel necessary--now it's time for me to just have my say for a second, after all-it is MY blog!!
Summer is in full swing and with summer comes long afternoons at the pool with the kids--or sometimes early afternoons, but never mornings b/c if you go in the morning what will you hang over their heads all day to get them to behave??? This post isn't about that though--this post is about POOL CONTAMINATION. . .
Our neighborhood pool has been opened since a week or so before Memorial Day--since it opened we have had 2 incidents of POOL CONTAMINATION--now I'll be the first to admit that it is inconvenient to have to pack up and leave, or to have your plans cancelled due to poop in the pool--but let's be real here people, it's an ACCIDENT!! People don't go to the pool thinking, "My kid is mostly potty trained so let's just see how they do without a swim diaper on today"--they take their potty trained kid to the pool and that kid has an unfortunate accident! This doesn't make the parent in charge irresponsible, or dumb-it makes them a parent who's child had an accident. If your child was potty trained would you put them in a swim diaper...just in case?? NO YOU WOULDN'T --SO BACK OFF. Mom's of toddlers don't automatically decide to double up a child's swim diaper b/c they might poop and it might seep out. If that was something that was necessary shouldn't the manufacturers correct that problem--rather than make us use 2 swim diapers (those suckers are pricey). . .and honestly rubber pants are not easy to find (I know, I looked today) so why would we buy them on the off chance that there may possibly be an accident at some point??
Okay--so I know what you are thinking, and I promise IT WASN'T ME!! However, I feel bad for the moms that it did happen too. Maybe it's just that it's so easy to vent these days and have everyone see it thanks to Facebook, but when the poop hit the pool the s*&^ hit the fan so to speak and these ladies were basically crucified for all to see. I just want to remind everyone that it could happen to you--if you have a infant, toddler, preschooler, etc--swim diapers leak and children have accidents (potty trained ones have accidents too)--keep this in mind when you are talking about how dumb people are and criticize their parenting skills because their child had an ACCIDENT. . .the next ACCIDENT could be one that your child has. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah that sucks! As if the mom it happened to isn't already upset/embarrassed enough to be ridiculed or chastised in front of the other pool patrons is ridiculous!
Although on the note of swim diapers I just ordered the boys reusable swim diapers that have a built-in nylon waterproof outer layer ~ I'll let you know how they turn out. . . .
Post a Comment