So, if you check out my blog list over on the right hand side of this blog you will see that I read several cooking blogs!! For the first time today I finally tried a recipe (actually 2 recipes) off of one!! I'm so thrilled that I had success I thought I would share!!
The first thing I tried was the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing--I am a big fan of ranch dressing, especially homemade. We have our own personal preference of ranch dressing in the Conner household, it's the one I grew up with, but I thought I would give this one a whirl! It really is very good--nice and creamy and I made it with lowfat mayo and lowfat buttermilk to help knock down some of the fat. I will warn you that it has 1/8 of a tsp of Dill--Jason is not a huge fan of dill so I'm not sure I'll be able to trade out our old dressing, but I will use this recipe again, maybe I'll even try it without the dill (or maybe he won't read my blog and won't notice, but it's a pretty strong flavor in the dressing)!! Camden LOVED it!!!
The next recipe I tried was the Spicy Honey Chicken--the boys LOVED it!! Now they suggest using chicken thighs, but I used regular old chicken breast and it turned out great! I only cooked one pack of chicken, so I mixed up the rub as instructed and saved 1/2 of it for the next time. Before realizing what I was doing I put all of the honey mixture on the chicken (I should've cut it in half)--but it turned out just delicious!! I paired it with brown rice, and steamed broccoli and carrots--CAN YOU SAY CLEAN PLATES??? Camden even went back for MORE chicken!! It is not "spicy" as in "hot", it's "spicy" as in a lot of spices!
Don't you love when you find a good recipe and your family just chows down?! I sure do--this has given me inspiration! I'm going to start my "try one new recipe a week" tradition! It usually doesn't last long, we get so busy--but if I can get a few more recipes to throw in the mix it's totally worth it!!!
Have a great week!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Next up....Meatza!!!
hmmmm, i'm not sure about that one. mom said she made dad one a week or so ago though!
Post a Comment