WiiFit
The first workout game I tried was the WiiFit--I borrowed my parents copy and balance board. The bought it when it first came out, so it's not the WiiFit Plus (which is the newer version). It has some good excercises, however--it stops between each one. You have the option to "quit" or "retry"--and after you complete an excercise it gives you your score and shows you your ranking. That's nice and all--but I want a workout--I want to push a button and just go--no picking, no instructions every time, no giving me my score--etc etc etc
Now, one thing that I do like about it is the balance games and the hula hooping!! Camden and I go downstairs (especially with this horrible weather that we've been having) and take turns playing the games!! I also like that it calculates my BMI, and it knows how many days since I last worked out! :) You can also record all of your activities on their in the log. I don't--but it is an option. It's my understanding that the newer version allows you to customize your workout. There's also a lot of things I haven't "unlocked" yet too! My problem is, I have 30-60 minutes tops so I don't want to waste time scrolling through excercises deciding what to do, and I don't want to see my ranking--just show me at the end or something.
Again--it's fun for Camden and I, and it's better than doing Mario Bros or something with him b/c it keeps us up and moving--he loves the running and totally cracks me up when he starts running circles around the basement!
Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010
WOW--Jillian kicks my booty!! Of the three games I have, I use this one the most because it's a solid workout. She has several to choose from--2 total body, 2 upper body, 2 lower body, and an ab workout. You can also customize your own. Each workout starts with running laps--which you can skip if you wanted to just supplement your run on the treadmill--or your walk (which I will do when it gets warmer). For some reason the balance board doesn't pick up my swing kicks or my push ups, and I have to do the abs just right--but really it doesn't matter to me b/c I just want to do the excercise--I don't care about my ranking at the end!! The other quirks are trainer tips between each thing--but usually I just use that to rearrange myself and the balance board--it doesn't take you back to the main menu--it just goes straight through a workout. It makes me laugh that she does all of her workouts with no shoes, even the running--and amazes me that her butt doesn't jiggle when she runs (she's a cartoon)! She also uses the balance board and the controller so you can see how to hold it, or how to position yourself!
Gold's Gym--Cardio KickBoxing
Okay--I'll have to be honest, I've only tried this one once. I liked it b/c it said my fitness age was like 23 or something--woo hoo! That's great considering the WiiFit says I'm 40! I've never been good at kickboxing, but when I did this workout--I really felt like it was teaching me the proper technique. I did enjoy it, I just haven't gotten back to it b/c my workouts have been so far and few between I try to hit something that I KNOW WILL WORK ME OUT! This one takes you through all of the lessons before you can get to the workouts--but again, for a rookie like me, it was beneficial. It's also very similar to the WiiFit b/c you have to unlock different exercises and games. You also are ranked on each one. You can pick your own character and you earn points to "buy" stuff in the "store"--like super cute outfits and equipment!!
If any of you are working out on the Wii and have any suggestions, please share! I love to try new ones!! I'm hopiong to do Just Dance and the Jenny McCarthy one--I've heard good things about both!!



No comments:
Post a Comment