#1--if you are a teenager who's parents have very obviously paid for you to get into this movie--please just try to sit back and enjoy it. don't talk--don't laugh and giggle--DON'T KICK THE BACK OF MY SEAT--don't argue with your parents when they are telling you to be quiet. SERIOUSLY-I was ready to turn around and try to put someone in time out! obviously these young ladies did not understand the value of a dollar or how coveted a movie can be to super-hip, hands-on, young youthful parents such as ourselves :)!!
#2--Avatar is rated PG-13, I can understand an 11 year old or maybe even a 9 or 10 year old (maybe)--there is some language, and violence, and really it could be scary to a little one. How do I know? Well, not only do I have a 4 year old--I was able to experience this movie with at least 3 children in the theatre who were under the age of 5!! REALLY PEOPLE?? So, you are okay with your children seeing this movie? I don't even watch Oprah in front of Camden in fear that he will pick up a bad word and use it around others!! It is definitely not a movie for young children and that was obvious by the CRYING, and walking up and down the stairs, and talking, and temper tantrums that were thrown during the 2.5 hour movie. There's a reason Disney movies are 90 minutes or less!!!
All in all, it was nice to get out--but it just amazes me that people don't know how to be courteous of others in a movie theatre!!
OKAY, I'm done--here's to a week with no vomit! WOO HOO!!
I really don't know why I felt the need to post this photo--but I did--look how young we were!!
LOOK MOM--no wrinkles! :)

3 comments:
Cute Pic! Seriously the #3 topic you missed is how flipping expensive the movie experience is! OK fine we'll pay $10 per ticket but $15 for a drink & popcorn meal deal!?!? WHO is that a DEAL for!? I could buy a 20lb bag of corn kernels at Sams for less - deep breath I know. But when I got to escape & went with a girlfriend to see leap year I was SO irritated about how expensive it was to get in & popcorn that I almost ruined my afternoon out!
We saw it too at IMAX, which was cool, but the glasses left an indention on my face. Oh and Mel, Jason and I don't go to the movie anymore without coupons. We got the Entertainment Book and that's seriously the only way we go now (and that's sad for someone without a kid here yet). It's just too darn expensive and I HAVE to have my popcorn when I go too!
yes it is totally expensive!! we went to the early afternoon movie so our tics were only $8.00. I really think we paid more for the popcorn and coke than we did for the tickets!! It's just not the movies though without the JUMBO coke and popcorn! There were 2 guys in front of us that got the big tub, and refilled it--ick!!
Post a Comment