Monday, August 10, 2009

So school has started for Gwinnett County, for everyone in Gwinnett County EXCEPT. . .CAMDEN!! ;)
Camden will start back to school after Labor Day and I think he's looking forward to it. I'm thinking it will settle things down at home! :) We had a good weekend, so good in fact that we ALL crashed out hard Sunday night and slept till 8am on Monday morning! Today was pretty uneventful, made it to the gym, did a lot of chores, and just listened to Camden chatter! At one point we were in Evan's room on the rocker and he had his hand on my leg--he looked at me puzzled and said "why are you wearing these?" "wearing what?" i asked. . .
"these" and he rubbed my legs again. . .HA! "I just haven't shaved in a couple of days, that's hair" "Well, it hurts and it's crunchy, and yuck!" SO HAD ME LAUGHING!! It's so funny when they are so brutally honest! :)

So today on facebook a friend posted:

it is amazing how strong you become when you have no other option. People always say "I don't know how you do it", well to be honest I don't either. Glad to have the other ladies that know what I mean. The same thing day after day. Being Mommy and Daddy. Giving every spanking, every hug, tending every "boo boo", all the laundry, every meal, every bath. It's taxing.

I truly couldn't have stated it better myself! I don't know how she does it either--she has 3 kids under the age of 3, and one was born while her husband has been gone! She seems to keep her cool in public (which is more than I can say for myself), and when asked how she does it she'll look at you straight faced and say: "OH I just lock them in the dog run for a couple of hours while I take care of things" hahaaha!!
Seriously, I often try to put into words what all of this is like--and she did it perfectly! You do what you have to in order to get by! Then you have to worry about how it will all work when your husband comes home! Jason told me his only expectation is that we not have left by the time he gets home! That's good b/c I haven't filed a thing, I'm pretty sure our grass is dying, the house is clean, but it's not neat (ever), and I'm pretty sure I do things differently than he would have. . .but what can you do?? The next time you meet someone who is in the military, or whose husband or wife or son or daughter is deployed--thank them for their service. What a sacrifice these men and women make VOLUNTARILY for our country.

1 comment:

Monica said...

LOVE the "why are you wearing these" - too cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails