Wednesday, August 05, 2009

he loves me, he loves me not. . .

Sorry it's been a little while folks, but I seem to be having computer problems at the moment. Just one of my little stresses right now, but it will pass--I mean, surely it will all pass, right????????

Since I've last blogged Camden and I had a trip to the lake (more on this later when I can access pictures--he had a blast!), and he had his final trip to Nana & Mopa's for the summer. I mean, I'm sure he'll go back, but not for as long since school is starting on Monday!

Sadly, this is probably going to be a venting blog--I'm so over it right now. Seriously, I think if I could check into an asylum or something for a couple of days I would, just for an escape. Some of those places are nice, right? I wouldn't want rehab b/c they probably wouldn't love me carrying in my case of Miller Lite to pass the time. . . :)
I'm having a hard time counting my blessings the past few days. I'm refusing to fall back into my June slump, but gosh, the past couple of days I feel like I'm slowly losing control again. We are ALMOST there, ALMOST done--but it seems SO FAR AWAY right now. I'm filled with so many emotions--the biggest ones at the moment--FRUSTRATION & ANXIETY!!! I feel like every day is a battle with my 3 year old. I want us to have a day when we are all happy the whole time--no crying, no arguing, no throwing ourselves in the floor b/c Mommy says "no popsicle unless you finish your spaghettios" REALLY???? YOU ARE CRYING OVER THAT!?? I'm trying, I really am. I'm letting things go, I'm trying to let him help with things, praising when he's doing good--maybe it's just that he's 3?? It's hard to step back and not think, I'm obviously doing something wrong. Or maybe it's just our situation in general--it's summer, we are stuck here together in this house day after day. I try to do special things from time to time, but there are 3 of us and naps need to be taken, meals have to be made, chores do need to be done. It can't be all fun all the time. Since Camden has been back all I hear is "well, I would do that at Nana & Mopa's, but just not here" or "I wish I could live with Nana & Mopa"--I tried the whole, "you should be thankful for me--you wouldn't be here without me" speech--I think it just went in one ear and out the other. . .(or very possibly, it could've just gone over his sweet little head) AGGGHHHHHHH--I'm at a loss. Tomorrow is a new day, I tell myself this over and over, but it's not helping much lately. I can't remember the last time I just decided--I'm just gonna call some friends and go to dinner without the kids. . .maybe July 4th? That was pretty last minute, but I think that was it, the last time I went and had dinner without kids--oh no, wait--I had lunch with some girlfriends a few weeks ago. It's not the same though as when Jason is here, right now, I have to inconvenience others and it sucks--I hate asking for help (no, seriously parents, I do--I feel the need to add this b/c I know they want to screen my calls most of the time to avoid the inevitable--"I need a favor").

OKAY ENOUGH.

In other news--Evan has finally gotten some teeth! Well--almost! They have broken the skin on the bottom, sharp little suckers too. 3 at once (but of course), and I'm certain another is on the way. He's also crawling and putting himself into a sitting up position. . .where has the time gone??
Camden will be starting school again soon--not until after Labor Day though! He's excited, but more excited about his trip to Disney--well he was, until he found out that Penny would be staying with Nana & Mopa--he would prefer to stay there with her. . . :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails