Thursday, August 20, 2009

ahhhhh--what a week!!!

Well, this has been a busy week! We are all one step closer to being back together but I feel we will have much frustration and stress before we get there!! :)

I'd like to start out by saying HAPPY 9 MONTHS BABY EVAN! He marked the day by snapping his mobile in half. . .I went in to get him up this morning and his mobile was in his lap and he had a HUGE grin on his face! :) Oh well, I guess we were done with it anyway. . .(his 9 month check up is next week-so I'll post his stats then)

We also got an official email this week regarding homecoming for Jason! I won't give any specifics but it is very exciting!! My friend and I had already jumped the gun and made our flight reservations which now have to be changed. . .apparently when you use frequent flyer miles you have to pay $100 when you change your flight. I tried to explain to the nice woman on the phone my situation and her response was that "maybe I should write corporate". . .sure, I'll get right on that! I won't give up that fight--especially since I know that American Airlines and Airtran both make exceptions for military families. I'll get a number and I'll make some calls--try to engage my "Kasey button"! Anyways, this ticket is causing lots of stress at the moment, and anticipation and shear exhaustion can get tempers flared more than normal. I've vowed to sit on it for a week or two before making any decisions. I can't control it, and I can't change it so at this point I'm going to have to let it go. Kind of like the food battle with Camden!

In other news, school hasn't started yet but Journey class has!! Woo hoo!! Journey is similar to Awana, or any Wednesday night program that your church might have. It's at Mt. Zion Baptist and Camden loves it. We got into it last year right after Jason left. Truly, it was a night out and gave me a few minutes to decompress while Camden learned a little! What was just going to be a one time thing turned into a weekly thing, and now Camden is signed up again. He also is signed up for the 3 year old Handbell Choir. . .yes, you heard me--3 YEAR OLD HANDBELL CHOIR, it's a handbell choir for 3 year olds. God bless the teacher :)! He seemed to enjoy his first session last night and was ready to go back today!

We are chugging along, Mommy is mentally marking days off of my calendar and trying to stay focused on home and kiddos!! I'm getting a night out this weekend, heading to the Hannitry Freedom Concert complete with a reception prior to the concert. I'm very excited and looking forward to an adult night out!! I feel like it's been a while!!

Sorry for no pics, but my computer is still being repaired!! maybe by next week we'll have it all fixed!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails