Sorry I'm so behind on posting. It's funny, I have so much to say that it overwhelms me, so I just say nothing at all!! I've been putting off writing about the Freedom Alliance Concert b/c I actually have some great pics to post, but my computer is still in the shop so I guess I won't be able to post the pics right now!!
A couple of weeks ago I was offered the opportunity to attend the Freedom Alliance Concert with some of my fellow navy wives. I wasn't sure how the opportunity came about, but I found out that they did a random drawing over where our husbands are and the names that were pulled were offered the VIP tickets and they were able to take guests. I think Andrea called b/c she knew I was in DESPERATE need of a kid-free night out, or maybe she just thinks I'm super-cool, we'll probably never know! ;) I was honored to be her guest, and was thrilled that she had also chosen our Command Ombudsman (say it 5 times fast, I went 6 months without saying it b/c I knew I would mispronounce) to attend with us!
Now I mentioned these were VIP tickets--and I mean--VIP they were!! First we got to wear those super cool neck things, with our names on them so that everyone knew we were special --WHOOP WHOOP! When we arrived we got special parking and were whisked away to a reception with delicious food and beverages! We also had someone assigned to go with us everywhere (even the ladies room) and to get us where we needed to go! While at the reception we got to meet and greet with people like Sean Hannity, Oliver North, Jon Voight, Lee Greenwood, Charlie Daniels, Michael W. Smith, etc!! It was super cool to be in a room full of celebrities!! We also saw that there was an NMCB 24 flag hanging up in the room and Andrea's husband was one of the people who signed it!! Cool that it had been there and now it was here, so close, so tangible!
We were also able to meet one of the Freedom Alliance Scholarship winners--what a thrill to hear he attended none other than GA SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY! Yea baby, GO EAGLES! :) He was as sweet as he could be, and I had a great time talking to him and reminiscing about Statesboro!
So as special VIP attendees we were able to have a meet and greet with some of the celebrities, and I even got Charlie Daniels' autograph!! We waited the longest to see him, but we got to chat with Jon Voight a bit while in line, and afterwards got to talk to these 2 guys who had been in Iraq. Obviously I came in on the tail end of the conversation b/c it wasn't until Charlie and his band got up on stage that I realized I had been chit-chatting with 2 of his band members. . . :)
During the concert they brought the wives who had been chosen up on stage for a "special surprise"--they had their husbands via satellite from Iraq!! :) It was such a touching moment! Most of us are able to see our spouses on a little screen every so often--but to see them, and to see them sharing that moment was just awesome!! I'm not gonna lie, I boo hoo'd!! I will say, I was sort of glad it wasn't me and Jason b/c we probably just would've been like "Hey" and then that's it! :) (oh, and I would've totally been crying the whole time--and it would've been the "ugly cry face" as some like to call it)!!
It was a very special night for all of us involved! I'm so glad I was given this special opportunity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment