Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our trip to NC

So last week I packed up the boys and headed up to do something I used to do every summer when I was a kid--spend a week at Nana & Papa's!  I was bound and determined I would do this alone, so as to prove my independence.  For the most part the trip went well.  The trip up was nice and quiet, although it did take about 5 hours to get there (it's like a 3 hour trip).  About 1/2 way in Camden told me he had to pee so I pulled off at the rest stop--then I sat there thinking "how am I going to do this.  .  ." I strapped Evan in the Baby Bjorn and headed up to the ladies room.  Once Camden was done, I took a turn (yea, if they have cameras in there I would like to play back the footage, I'm sure it's quite a sight to see a lady with a 22 lb baby attached to her hovering over the seat) and then we headed on our way!  15 minutes later I hear I'm hungry, and I'm hungry screams from the back seat.  .  .so we stopped AGAIN! :)  We did finally make it, and it felt wonderful driving up Sleepy Hollow and seeing my grandparents house!!


MONTREAT

Montreat is where I used to go to a youth conference every summer in high school about 20 minutes from Asheville.  It's a very special place full of memories for me!  I have taken Jason and Camden there before when Camden was about Evan's age, and I was excited when I found out my friends Robert & Morgan would be there for a youth conference at the same time I was in Asheville.  I took the boys on Wednesday, I wasn't really sure what we would do, but I knew there was a great playground so if nothing else we could park it there for a little while so Robert and I could catch up.  Much to my surprise Camden wanted to play in the creek!!  I had told Robert that he probably wouldn't b/c he's too much like his momma and lord knows I don't like non-chlorinated water!  Camden took his shoes off, took his shirt off and hopped in!!  I so wish Jason could've been there to go in with him.  Really, he made me see it in a different light too!  If I could've hopped in I would've, but then Evan would've been unattended on the side of the creek!  I really wish I could've just walked all around, but 3 year olds aren't big into reminiscing--so I just took pleasure in knowing that he enjoyed Montreat, we'll definitely head back up next time we are there!







WEAVERVILLE

My Aunt Le and Uncle Leigh live about 20 minutes from my grandparents in a little town called Weaverville.  The boys and I decided to give Nana the night off and drove up there on Thursday for pizza and play time with Aunt Le and Miles.  My Aunt has the best house, and her property is just beautiful.  You seriously could go and walk around all day up there and not ever leave her yard!
Had I not had Evan in the Baby Bjorn, I would've walked all over with Camden!  As it was, I did have Evan in the Baby Bjorn so I thought it best to stay closer to her house so I could sit when necessary!  


Camden took right to Le, I wasn't surprised though--she's always been great with kids.  Whenever we came to visit she would have special books and games for us to play!  As it was, she had chosen the most awesome gift in the world for an energetic 3 year old--A ROCKET LAUNCHER!  Camden was overjoyed, as was I because it gave him something to do, and a reason to run b/c he had to go get the rockets once they were launched!  

After Camden played with the rocket launcher a bit we strolled around, played hide and seek, and looked for the bunnies that Le kept promising!  We found one too--or Miles found one rather!  He stood there for about 5 minutes pointing it, it was amazing--that dog definitely does not have ADD!  In the end the bunny got away, but Le said he and Miles play that game just about every day!
We had such a great time with Aunt Le.  Camden helped put the pepperoni on the pizza, and she gave him little mini grapes (I've never seen those before), and let him try every cookie he wanted to, even when he wouldn't eat the first one he took!!  After dinner we watched some sponge bob and chit-chatted and then headed home for bed!

HEALTH ADVENTURE

Our last day we decided to take the boys to the Health Adventure downtown.  It's sort of like a kids museum, with an emphasis on health in part of it.  They also had an Arthur exhibit which I thought was supercool! :)  Everything was kid sized and Camden loved it.  They even had a green screen where you could choose and star in different videos!  You know I was all up in the middle of that--much to Camden's dismay!  He just wanted to direct us all to our seats and push the buttons!  They are actually opening a new bigger and improved Health Adventure next year I think--for anyone who is going to be in the area!!  

bubble wall

Evan in the Bjorn--I know, I'm a glutton for punishment, but he loves it!

Camden playing librarian!  His Aunt Le would be proud!

Camden showing mommy his mad skills in the kitchen!
My little engineer--this tube had air blowing out of it and you could shoot balls out of it, they had pvc pipe so you could build different tubes--he was all over it!

All in all it was a good trip!  We had some firsts, Evan's first eggs and Camden's first fireflies, and of course rock hopping!  I would love to do it again next year, but we'll have to see if my grandparents can handle us again! :)  The food was delicious--as always.  I would really love to detail every meal, but I might lose some of you so I'll end it here!  Camden and I are headed to the lake this weekend, I feel certain that will make for some good blogging next week.  .  .

EGGS!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails