It was today that I became "that mom". . .you know the mom from Baby Momma (is that it, with Tina Fey)--when Tina tells her she has something on her arm. . .this something could be pudding, or it could be poop and without missing a bit mom takes a taste. . .
Okay, so it wasn't anything that gross, but when I realized an hour later, once things quieted down a bit and I had some time to reflect. . .I thought "WOW--I did that, and didn't think twice". . .I'll set the scene:
Alright, it was one of those mornings where I was trying to get ready while simultaneously feed the kids. Since I'm responsible, I relocated all of my beautifying tools to the downstairs bathroom off the kitchen so I could be sure nobody choked on their cheese quesadilla. Of course, as usual, once I got all set up Evan and Braelyn were done eating so they were running around playing nicely while I was applying makeup and straightening my hair (yes Misty Ratchford, sometimes I do straighten ALL of my hair). OKAY-so my cell rings and I thought "woohoo, speaker", I was so proud that I was able to figure out how to chat with my girlfriend about an upcoming shower while putting on my mascara. Now, I know you don't all have kids, and they are all different-but when my phone rings I SWEAR everyone in my house drops what they are doing, they come to find me and make it a mission to talk to me about anything and everything I never cared about. Braelyn wails and needs to be picked up, the dog barks. . .you get the picture. ANYWAY, B & E made their way into the teeny bathroom off the kitchen and began playing with the toilet paper, talking, and playing with my hair clip. . .Braelyn thought it should go for a swim so "plunk" right into that toilet. All the while Evan is screaming "Braelyn threw it in the toilet" (remember, I'm still on the phone). . .without missing a beat I stuck my hand in, grabbed the clip out, washed hands and clip, hustled everyone out of the bathroom, finished up my conversation. . .AND clipped that hair on up!!!! UGH and that was the moment that I became "that mom". . .don't judge-it could be you one day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So funny! I did something similar last week. I got the kids where they needed to be, came home and noticed a gummy vitamin on the floor. Who knows how long it had been there. I can't let a good vitamin go to waste, I picked it up and popped it in my mouth. After I did it, I thought, wow that was pretty gross!
Post a Comment