Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I need an opinion. . .

So--this year our family has decided NOT to do a big birthday bash in November.  It was getting to be too much, and honestly I think the boys are ready to just do their own thing for their birthdays.  .  .or at least one of the boys is!!

Camden's birthday is up first and he has decided that he wants to take a couple of friends to the movies.  I am totally cool with that, but.  .  .refreshments are EXPENSIVE!!!  I mean, taking just one friend to the movie could cost me almost the same as a birthday party!  I got the idea of putting together a little goody bag for each kid with some popcorn and candy--don't judge, you know you've done it too.  I was then going to buy the kids drinks at the movies.  .  .but even drinks are pricey.  .  .What would you do?  I was thinking that I could put a little mini soda in each goody box, but is that just wrong??  I mean, it's already $10 per kid to get into the movie.  I'm not complaining about taking friends, I'm complaining about the outrageous price of popcorn, candy, and a fountain beverage at the movie theatre.  Is it unethical for me to sneak our own goodies in??  Would you at least buy SOMETHING from the refreshment stand?

What if I purchased a large popcorn and large drink?  Split up the popcorn between the kids and still brought in our soda and candy?  Still wrong?  I don't know.  .  .I'm pretty conflicted, I'm a rule follower you know.  .  .

WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would buy a large popcorn and a large drink (or two) and bring in cups and bags to divide it up. I think a large popcorn and two drinks is one of their combos and most movie theaters offer refills now. I'm with you, we want to teach our kids to be honest but we also can't go broke :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails