Sunday, September 23, 2012

Throwing in the Towel. . .


.  .  .Pulling the Plug.  .  .we had to do it-we had to pull Evan out of soccer this weekend.  He has been unhappy with it since his very first practice.  I'm not one to let my kids quit--I'm really not.  This was a very tough decision for me, I hate when people pull their kids out of stuff just b/c they whine or say they don't like it.  We have tried everything with this one, bribery, making it a "different game"-I told him to pretend he was spying on the ball when he wasn't kicking it, making sure it goes in the right direction, I've asked him to just sit on the bench and hang with his buddies-after all part of being on a team is camaraderie right?  He had no interest in any of it. .  .

  

I mean--this is how he spent his games, and for those of you who know Evan, you know this is out of character.  He did participate in one practice, but we took his OWN ball.  They played games--which he LOVED--but he yelled at anyone who came near his ball.  .  .uh sharing issues??  geez kid!  Of course he won all of the games b/c no one would go near his ball for fear he would beat them up!  So.  .  .we pulled the plug.  .  .it wasn't worth having to drag him there every time to have him cry, and have the coaches trying everything to get him on the field.  Most of the time it's just me b/c games are kind of early on week nights and Jason has been out of town the past 2 weekends--it's just too much!  Do I think he's too young?  NO--I really don't-so please please please don't tell me he is.  The hardest part is he really was pretty good at kicking that ball, and he really does love to play--he just couldn't figure out how to mesh with his team.  He loved t-ball and I'll let him play again, but for now we'll just watch Camden play flag football and kick the soccer ball on the sidelines.  .  .

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails