Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Greatest Surprise God Ever Gave Me. . .

Turned ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!!!  
I can call her my greatest SURPRISE because my boys were 100% planned.  I had always said if I had a third it would have to be a surprise, b/c I just wasn't sure if I could willingly enter into pregnancy again!!  Clearly God heard that statement :)

I have to admit, I'm having some mixed feelings about this sweet girl growing up--it's true that the more kids you have the faster these days fly by!  Since I haven't blogged much about her, I guess I should now!  Braelyn Elizabeth is a a sweet little thing!  When she was born she spent a few days in NICU--yep I had to actually leave her there-I have to say, the NICU at Gwinnett Medical has really improved since Camden was there.  It still wasn't easy, but it was not as frustrating of an experience as it was when Camden was there.  For one, there was ALWAYS a doctor there, we didn't have to sit and wait on one all day.  For another, the nurses were always informed and on the same page-I can't tell you how much of a comfort this was!  BUT this isn't a post about the NICU...

A few facts about B--she's definitely been my least consistent child--lots of waking in the night, probably through her first 6 months.  I mean, she was sleeping through the night at 3 months, but she had a lot of nights where she woke up just needing her pacifier--and guess who got to find it for her?  As I type this she is stirring.  .  . I'd say she's had a lot more crying fits than the boys ever imagined, it's tough because when they are babies you just don't know what they are crying for--I do think for her it's always been a stomach issue.    Beyond these things she is the sweetest little thing you've ever met!  She's already holding her own with these boys!  She crawled over to Camden the other day and tried to take a big 'ol bite out of him--she growled when she did it!  She's a very happy baby, and she knows how to flirt BIG time!!  She lowers that chin and bats those lashes-works on everyone around her!  She's into EVERYTHING-that's her age!  She can say MaMa and DaDa (though she says that when I pull out my phone right now b/c he's been in Bahrain since July 5th).  She eats pretty much everything I put in front of her--the boys did too, I'm just hoping she keeps it up unlike them!  Bottles are going to be cleaned out tomorrow, and she's transitioned to straight milk!    She's not nearly as big as her brothers--I'll post her stats next week after her check up.  As a matter of fact, most people tell me she's just so tiny.  I don't agree with that, but I am relieved that her head is SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than her brothers.  She has some sweet little dimples--but hers aren't as prominent as Camden's are.  I haven't signed her up for preschool yet, but she does spend a lot of time in the church nursery and she does wonderful there.  This is always a relief because it means I can drop her and do what I need to do without worrying about her--she's having a blast!  All in all transitioning from 2 to 3 has been easier than 1 to 2.  .  .this year has had it's moments for sure, but I'd say it's been a blessed year!!

Brand New!











2 months









3 months

4 months

5 months
6 months

7 months

8 months

9 months

10 months
11 months



  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails