Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I NEED HELP PEOPLE!!

Okay--so sorry for stating the obvious, but I am putting out a cry for help to all of you Mommies with jogging strollers!!  Last year I decided that I was going to make an investment in a jogging stroller!  I checked, and did a little research, and waited for a sale and finally came home with this:


I was so excited about my purchase--it was the first big thing I bought while Jason was away, and I was even able to put it together by myself!!  So here is my problem--WHY CAN'T I GET IT TO WORK RIGHT??  It has a swivel wheel that locks into place--this is important b/c if you are walking at a fast pace or jogging you need to lock it otherwise the thing just bounces all over the place.  Now, if you UNLOCK the swivel wheel it is still very difficult to maneuver.  It will turn right, but once you take your hand and turn the wheel (which is what I've had to do) it just keeps turning right and won't get itself back into place so that you can just go straight--and don't even TRY turning left b/c, well.  .  .you can't.  My other problem is that when the wheel is locked it pulls to the right.  I have tried pumping the tire, tightening the bolt, not taking the dog (I thought for sure she was the problem), unlocking the wheel and flipping it so the gauge is on the other side (again, wishful thinking)--I AM AT A LOSS!  I got so frustrated today I gave up and came home.  A jogging stroller is supposed to make it easier to walk or jog, but I get so tensed up trying to keep my stroller going straight that my arms and shoulders get super sore and I tire out MUCH quicker!  I've also tried using this as my "every day" stroller, when I first got it, I took just this to the beach so I wouldn't need both strollers--I couldn't even maneuver this thing around people, sidewalks, etc.

I know this has to be something I'm doing.  Most of my friends have these strollers and use them all the time.  I would like to be able to use mine for zoo trips and such b/c it has a tray and cup holders and the shade is very adjustable.  My Maclaren is great, but for outings that we will need to be feeding Evan or where we will be doing a lot of walking I would prefer this one. .  .

PLEASE HELP!!!

2 comments:

Katie Kirk said...

Hmmm - perplexing. Although I test drove a used double jog stroller - it didn't have the swivel front wheel this one had the brakes, anyway it had the same issue! It pulled SO hard to the right I couldn't stay on the sidewalk. In my case I just didn't get that one. . .not helpful to you but have you called the 800 number? They usually have a trouble shooting line & you'd be surprised how simple the solution may be. Good Luck!

Melanie said...

the 800 number is my next step. jason was supposed to look at it, but he's not had time. i saw a lady at the park with the same one and her swivel wheel turned in all directions and she said she never had any problem with hers (I know, it's hard to imagine me walking up and having a conversation with someone I don't know, but I did--it was necessity)

Related Posts with Thumbnails