Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Evan-eight months already!

In honor of Evan turning 8 months old, I thought I would just try and jot down some things about the boys! As hard as staying at home can be, one benefit I've found is that I'm really getting to know my kids! That's not to say that you can't get to know your kids or you are less of a mom if you work, trust me, I've done the working mom thing as well--I'd say they both have their pros and cons. I've just really tried to savor my moments with them--it's hard for me to "let things go" like the dishes, and laundry, the bills, etc--but I'm really trying to do this sometimes and just soak up my time with them!!

Evan:

Last weigh in was last week and he was a SOLID 22.6 lbs!!  I'm not sure how long he is, but I can say that he is in clothes that Camden was wearing his second summer!  
He has yet to get any teeth, but I'm expecting their arrival any day now!! We've had some pretty raunchy diapers lately! He was chewing on one of Camden's foam letters in the bath tonight and I SWEAR there were 4 teeth imprints--bless him if he's getting 4 at once!
He's loving food--I've even had to cut back on it so I can get all of his formula in him!  He no longer gets a bed time bottle, which is sort of sad for me because it seems pretty soon!  So far he's had grits, eggs, brunswick stew, mac & cheese, banana, watermelon, and of course ICE CREAM! :)
Favorite word: DA-DA, it's pay back b/c it took Camden forever to say it!!  Whenever Evan is happy he just shouts Da-Da Da-Da, every so often when he's crying I get a MaMa--thanks kiddo!!  We will have to fix that before Da-Da gets home :)!  He is a chatter box, much more social than his brother was/is!  
Favorite hobby: playing with Camden, and playing in the mirror!!  I've never heard such wonderful laughs!!  He's also VERY ticklish--I love it!
He's not crawling yet, but he's awfully close--he gets so frustrated when he falls!!  He also LOVES the water!  Pool & bath!

Camden:

His last weigh in was also last week and he was a very solid 36 lbs.  Not as heavy as I thought, but he's been doing lots of running and swimming this summer!  He is still a very picky eater, but we are working on it.  I'm learning to just not stress over it!  It's been a tough for me, but learning to let this battle go is the best thing I've done over the past month or so--it has eliminated a lot of unnecessary stress in our household!  His favorite food at the moment is Fruit Loops, Yogurt, and most fruits!
Camden is truly the best big brother I've ever seen!!  He LOVES playing with Evan and making him laugh.  The sweetest thing ever is to look back when we are in the car and seeing him fast asleep holding Evan's hand!  I'm so hoping that this will continue as they get older!  I know I'm asking a lot, but I do want them to grow up to be close!  Siblings are wonderful!  
He LOVES "Ponge Bob Pare Pants"--I have to get that on video before he changes it!  That is probably his favorite show.  Not the best one he could cling to, but I've seen worse!  He told me the other day his favorite colors are red & blue, very patriotic!  He is really starting to use his imagination when he's playing.  Sometimes I sneak up on him just so I can listen to him!  Favorite toys of the moment are cars, trains, and the rocket launcher he got from his Great Aunt Le!  He has also really gotten into swimming this summer!  Last weekend he even started swimming without his water wings!!  
He is very chatty with me at home (sometimes it drives me to drink-ha :) ), but if he is around other people he almost immediately clams up!!  He's painfully shy, I hate it for him, but I was the same way.    
The other day my grandparents and I were talking about where Jason was and my Papa mentioned something about his Daddy being in Iraq--Camden immediately said "A ROCK???" :)  I quickly explained that he wasn't in A ROCK like Jesus (he recites the Easter story as Jesus being in "a rock" and then he's not in "a rock" anymore b/c God got him)--but in E-ROCK--"it's this whole other country"(his daddy would like the Forest Gump reference).  I think he got it! :)  
We had a great trip to NC last week!  I'll blog more about that later.  Now it's time for Big Brother and then bed! :)  Hope everyone is doing FANTASTIC! 

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love your blogs Melanie! I love reading about how Camden is with Evan. My oldest daughter describes Jayden with the new little guy the same way and I love it!

Melanie said...

thanks for reading!! it's fun watching them develop their relationship!! :) I think 3 years is a great age difference, except the 3's are also a trying time for mommy! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails