Tuesday, May 26, 2009

T-BALL

I know I promised to write a little about T-ball, so here goes!!!  Basically, it was a hoot!  I'm very glad that I went into it with no real expectations of my son emerging a prodigy T-ball player.  .  .because a prodigy he was not!!!  To me, it was something to do to help our time while daddy is "working" go by just a little bit quicker!!  I would say our team of 6 players got a little better as the season wore on--rather than hitting the ball and quickly running after it, they would attempt to get over to first base (usually they stopped to chat with friends on the field, or asked mom's to take them potty, or my favorite "MOMMY--IS T-BALL OVER YET?  I'M READY FOR MY SNACK").  God Bless our coaches!!  They had the patience of saints, I would have tried putting people in time-out, or threatened no snack if people didn't focus, but they seemed to have just the right amount of patience for the little boys who really just wanted to chase each other around more than anything else!!!



Why do you think they keep making us stand out here in this field?

Are these big red helmets really necessary?

Doing some serious fielding.  .  .


So you hold the bat like this, then you swing and try to hit that ball on the tee.  .  .

Team shot--Go Lil' Braves!!

Big swing!!


"Mommy--I got a trophy and a cupcake!  I Love T-Ball!!"
For a real glimpse of what it is all about:
Check out this video! :)

1 comment:

Monica Dean said...

I finally watched the video your Dad did - TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think Camden has a real chance at running track too ;o) I loved his enthusiasm for the grass too :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails