Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Louise "Lois" Evelyn Madison

So, picking up where I left off.  .  .
After the Mother's Day celebration was done, Judy and I were bonding over Facebook when she mentioned that she had been trying to reach Aunt Lois since 11:30 and had not been able to get her.  I told her it was probably fine, that she was probably just not feeling like talking today, or maybe even taking a nap.  Nonetheless, Judy felt like it was probably a good idea to get headed back home to check on her and relieve her from the dogs (Lois keeps Judy's dogs when she goes out of town usually).  I suggested she just have someone run over and check in on her and make sure she was okay.  Judy still insisted that she wanted to get on the road, and for a brief second Dad and I tried to talk her out of it--and then we all just sort of went quiet.  .  ."I'll help you pack" was the next thing I said and within minutes they were out the door.  Unfortunately, Judy's gut feeling was right--Aunt Lois had passed away.  Fortunately, she had very peacefully passed away in her sleep.  

Aunt Lois was such a special lady!!!  It's hard to imagine what the next few months will be like adjusting to her not being here.  Camden ADORED her!!  In fact, after we left her memorial service he told me he wanted to go see Aunt Lois.  It took him a little while, but once he warmed up to her there was no cooling him off! :)  She was a tough lady too!  When she was little she had polio which left her 'crippled' on one side.  This didn't really slow her down until later in life, she actually fell last year around her birthday and broke that hip.  She did recover and she recovered as quickly as she could b/c she really hated the rehab facility.  They served COLD applesauce and didn't bring her any cinnamon for it.  .  . :)  I still remember when I was pregnant with Camden and called to tell her we were having a boy--"Oh well, maybe next time you'll have a girl" haha!!!  Then when I found out Evan was a boy I tried to convince Judy to call and tell her, but she said I had too.  .  .I never did give her that little girl she was hoping for, but she sure did love my boys to pieces!!!  

Last Tuesday I went over to Marietta to help Judy go through pictures for the memorial service.  That was actually sort of fun.  My Grandma and Aunt Lois were a handful when I knew them, and going back through those pictures I realized that throw one more Madison (their sister Betty) in the mix and you've got quite a little party!!! :)  I wish I had known them then, but I am blessed to have known them when I did and for as long as I did!  I know you three are together again--we miss you here, but I'm glad you have each other there.  Until we all meet again.  .  .


Aunt Lois
The Madison Family
"A Perfect Family"--that was the inscription Lois had written on the back of this photo



Lois & Camden

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails