Tuesday, February 03, 2009

JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT IT ALL FIGURED OUT. . .

SO.  .  .this is probably going to be a more negative post than normal so don't read on if you don't want to hear it.  .  .

I was celebrating--I was totally celebrating yesterday because things had finally started to fall into place!!!  Evan was sleeping a good 9-4 or 10-5 then he would sleep until about 8-8:30 in the a.m.--WOO HOO!!  I've finally been getting what feels like a full night's sleep and things are looking up (or at least for a couple of days anyway).  .  .
Now it's time to tackle naps for little one--so, I come home from the grocery store and Evan is sleeping, I take him out of the carrier and put him in his crib--MISTAKE!!  He cried, and fussed, and screamed-so I rushed through groceries, scarfed down my lunch and picked him up.  .  .ahhh silence!  No problem, we'll try nap time after Camden gets home.  We pick Camden up and all come home to take naps (except Mommy who was going to get computer stuff-bills/scanning/answering emails done).  Camden goes down with no problems, I put Evan down turn the mobile on and WA-LA we are done.  .  .WRONG!  He wakes he screams he fusses.  .  .finally about an hour in (and 40 trips up the stairs) I give in.  I pick him up, rock him, carry him around--NOTHING.  If he's in my arms he's fine, if he's laying down not fine.  All of a sudden he settles down lays there cooing and smiling and laughing--it's wonderful, I even got out the camera and documented it.  I leave him in my room and try to busy myself with things upstairs so I can be close by.  He falls asleep about 15 minutes before it's time to eat and wakes to eat--WHAT A NAP.  By now Camden is up.  My plan is feed Evan hang out with Camden for a bit and then start dinner--early dinner--early  bath--relaxing evening, one glass of wine--and bed (remember I get to go to bed at a decent time now)!!  Evan had different plans, he literally screamed until about 8 pm.  .  .I tried everything--I rocked him, put him on his belly, gave him a bath, put him in the swing, the bouncy seat--nothing worked.  Since I've never really had this issue before I was just at a loss, oh yea, and the one or two times I did get him settled down--CAMDEN would start crying over something--"I don't want to eat, I don't want to take my clothes off for a bath, I don't want to do anything that you ask me to--even if you stay calm and ask nicely and promise good things will come to me if I would " 'JUST DO WHAT YOU SAY THE FIRST TIME FOR GOODNESS SAKES'"...

WHY--why is this happening?  Isn't it bad enough that I'm a single mom right now, can't things just fall into place as seamlessly as I remember them falling into place with Camden?  Now I have to worry about even more, "am I feeding him too much?  is there something I should be doing that I'm not doing? is it because I let people hold him too much when he was a baby?  should I switch him back to the gentlease formula?"  All these things run through my head--don't I have enough on my plate?  COME ON!  Also, why won't my 3 year old just be obedient and do what I say the first time?  Why does he have to cry and do the opposite of everything I say?  For instance, the pb&j lover, got up and saw me making his lunch and immediately started crying and pitching a fit because.  .  .can you guess.  .  .I DON'T LIKE PEANUT BUTTER.  .  .are you freaking kidding me???????????????????  Some days I truly feel like I just can't win.  I was so excited when we made it through the weekend and it seemed we were really starting to get into the swing of things, more sleep, a real schedule, etc--I will never celebrate anything again obviously it jinxed (sp?) me.   .  .

Okay, enough woe is me.  Evan has basically slept all day today--go figure.  I let Camden skip a nap and now I have about 20 more gray hairs b/c we are downstairs and he is "playing" but apparently the game he is playing is "MOMMY" b/c he's been saying it about every other word.  .  .It's time to fold laundry and decide what food I can torture my 3yr old with tonight--doesn't matter what it is, if it's dinner he doesn't want it! :)  I promise not to be so whiny next post! :)

Oh yea, it has been brought to my attention that the title of my blog sounds familiar-SORRY, I wasn't trying to copy the Kardashians--it was just all this little brain could think of, it never crossed my mind that it sounded good b/c it's the name of a TV show.  .  .oh well, I'm sure we are much more interesting anyway! :)

Just one more thing--even though things were bad yesterday I still don't understand shaken baby syndrome, however, I do understand how a mom can turn into a lush! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails