We had another bad night Tuesday, then again Wednesday morning--HOWEVER, by Wednesday afternoon everything settled down--SHEW. . .Evan took a wonderful nap--in his carrier :), and we had a good dinner and headed off to Camden's Journey Class at Mt. Zion! He just loves that class, and the lesson of the week--Obey your parents--have I mentioned how much I love the class too!!! It was cold, but I'm glad we ventured out!!! When we got home and I was putting Camden in bed he and I just talked and giggled! It reminded me so much of how things once were. That used to be our bedtime routine, stories, backrub, which turned into quiet conversation between us. I really need to be better about keeping that routine alive, it makes such a difference! Thursday was another pretty good day as well. I know it was long and boring for Camden, but I wasn't feeling well so Mom hung out so I could get some much needed down time for myself. I rested for a few hours with my door closed, no monitor, and no interruptions. When I got up Camden and I headed upstairs to clean a playroom and sort through toys that aren't being used. Afterwards, Camden scarfed down 2 small cans of spaghettios, some animal crackers, and everyone was bathed and put to bed! EUPHORIA!
So, after much reflection this week I've been able to realize some things:
#1--poor Camden, he is going through a lot. it used to be around dinner time was when daddy came home and gave him undivided attention until dinner, and then a bath, stories, and as noted above--back rubs and quiet talk. Now his evenings are filled with "hang on honey, I have to feed the baby" "let me just go see why Evan is crying" "can you try to do it by yourself?" --can you imagine? No wonder he's having breakdowns!
#2--people can say what they will, but I do not think I am feeding my infant too much. he eats approximately 6 oz every 4 hours. . .he just recently started taking the full 6 oz every time so I will no longer stress myself out over it! every child is different and my theory is he wouldn't eat if he wasn't hungry. (thank you Kasey)
#3--it's the little things--it was suggested to me that I find little things around the house that Camden can help me with. He's all about helping right now. SO--we have started letting him put the bottles together for Evan (this turns into 20-30 minutes of fun, and since I use the playtex disposable feeding system no big deal that big brother's hands are all over the bottles), we also are learning to take our toys upstairs and PUT them away, and clothes are to be removed and put directly into the dirty clothes (thank you Gina)
All in all, after a very hectic beginning to the week, things came around and ended up quite pleasant. Evan is sleeping about 9-4:30 for right now--and that's a fantastic span for me! :) I can stay up and finish my 9pm show, and then get in bed read a couple of pages--basically I have a little bit of freedom back with my evenings! Not too much, because you never know if he will sleep that long, but still!!!
I hope everyone is doing well, I'll post some pics and stuff next!
No comments:
Post a Comment