Wednesday of Spring Break we decided to take advantage of our awesome "Mountain Memberships" (c/o of Papa & Grandma) and head to Stone Mountain! I had really debated going since Camden's allergies had been bothering him so much, but he REALLY wanted to go and I'm so glad we did!
Our first top was to get our tickets for the duck ride. Last time we went I promised the kids that we would come back and ride over spring break. It's a fun little ride around the park and onto Stone Mountain lake--the drivers give you all kinds of info on the history of the park, etc. and they usually let the kids drive the boat! We couldn't get on right away, so we had about an hour to kill. The kids begged to go play at Geyser Falls and PROMISED they wouldn't get wet. . .um--okay:
I love the picture of Camden on the top left--he looks so grown up and looks exactly like his Daddy!
As you can see the promise of not getting wet was not kept, but mommy had towels and changes of clothes in the car!! We left and quickly got ourselves cleaned up so we could ride the duck! I have to admit, I really didn't enjoy this ride as much as I liked the first one. Your enjoyment is really up to the driver! Our driver was nice enough, but last time our driver was OFF THE HOOK! :) Oh well, the kids had fun!
Once we were done on the ducks, we headed to the baby animal show, then back to the car for our picnic lunch, and we finished up playing in the barn--Braelyn is such a daredevil, she has no problem climbing up stairs and shooting down a slide. . .she was non stop--and this was at 3pm with NO nap!!
All in all, it was a great day! We love going to Stone Mountain and the memberships make it so great to be able to just go and enjoy whatever attraction we want to do that day. It's only about 15 minutes from the house so we will get our moneys worth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment