It was just okay, but we did clean the dish out--so. . .it must've been pretty good. I put together a panel of experts to test this dish out--my experts are all good at eating, and they all love to eat good food. We were already critiquing it before I pulled it out of the oven. There were some frantic group texts going back and forth--due to the amount of water in the dish. I was expecting some, but not quite as much as what I saw when I turned on the oven light!! Adam assured me that it would reconstitute once I pulled it out to cool, and it sort of did! I served with a slotted spoon. . .
The next thing we noticed is that it definitely needed more salt, and we all like a "saucier" lasagna. SO. . .maybe next time we will drain the tomatoes and add in some spaghetti sauce. Also, next time I would cut the broccoli even more--the bites were a bit large, and I would add more of the yogurt/goat cheese mixture. Dad suggested I salt the zucchini and squash next time too and let it sit to absorb some of the water, and Mom suggested adding some italian sausage or fennel.
The last thing I changed was I used moz, parm, and some goat cheese on the top. I like cheese. :)
SO--with all of that being said, it was good and I would make it again--with some of the above changes. I'm sure this makes it no longer paleo or good for you, but whatever.
| Before it went in the oven |
| This was the photo I snapped of my "water" issue! |
No comments:
Post a Comment