Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Normal. . .

What is normal exactly?? The question of the month for me has been--"SO, have things gotten back to normal yet? "
If you've asked me this question, don't worry-you aren't the only one, and it really is a valid question!! Before Jason left we had a 3 year old and a 6 week old, now that he's home we have a 4 year old and an almost 1 year old. . .that being said, there was no normal for Jason to come back to!!

As far as Jason and myself go--we have gotten back to normal. We were pretty much there as soon as we said our hellos in CA! We are lucky that way, it's never really been a problem for us to just pick up where we left off. Now that we are back home I have to give Jason big props--he's fallen into step with the boys, and in some ways it's like he never left!! I feel like I never slow down--which is funny b/c I really had dreams of having more time to myself once Jason got home. . I'm still waiting on that time :) I honestly feel like I'm busier now than I was before, however, I don't feel like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders--when I'm having a bad day, I know that I will have a bit of relief in the evening, and Fridays actually feel like Fridays!! The big joke amongst some of the wives while the guys were gone was "TGIwhat?? " Everyone around us was always so happy for the weekend, but for us it just meant 2 more days that would be longer than the others b/c everyone else was doing family stuff and we were most likely going to be doing the same thing we'd been doing the 5 days previous, only alone! We have seen lots of changes in Camden as well! I'm not sure if it's that he's growing out of his 3's or if he's just more at ease with Daddy home!! He seems happier, and more obedient (?sorry, I know that's probably not the word I'm looking for, but it's the only one I can come up with to describe it). The manners that we've been pushing for so long finally seem to be clicking, and for the most part he stays in his own bed ALL NIGHT!! It makes me happy that he is doing so well!!

Since Jason has been home we've had a case of H1N1, 3 cases of pink eye, and a trip to the hospital for wheezing (Evan)! We also had a wonderful trip to Disney, the beach, and a soggy Halloween with friends and family! Things have been busy, and it seems will continue to stay that way!! We are looking forward to celebrating the boys birthdays next weekend and enjoying all of the holidays that are coming!!

I have so much more to share and I do apologize for my lack of posting, but we really have just been so busy!!! I'll try to post on Camden's birthday later this week--we did a family celebration and he got a bike from Mommy & Daddy--which he LOVES!! (SIGH OF RELIEF)


1 comment:

Monica said...

Love this post! Hope you guys are doing well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails