Thursday, November 19, 2009

Camden










Dear Camden,

It's hard to believe that it's been ALMOST 4 years since your Daddy & I first brought you home (we didn't actually bring you home until the day after Thanksgiving)!! You entered this world 6 weeks early, but it has never held you back in any way! You bring such joy to our lives every day! You have turned into such an affectionate little boy, daddy and I are showered with hugs and kisses from you every day. You and I were able to get to know each other VERY well while your daddy was away last year. The most important thing I learned about you is that you may LOOK like your daddy--but you ACT like your mommy!! Let me tell you some things about you:
--you LOVE TV, especially SpongeBob! you come by this pretty honestly, your Mommy & Daddy have a love for TV as well!!
--you are a VERY PICKY eater! What you ate yesterday, you probably won't eat tomorrow. The only thing that is consistent is chicken nuggets, and cereal--it could be worse, but it's frustrating just the same. I know you'll be fine because I was! I was the same exact way, and I LOVE to eat now--it will come!!
--you LOVE your little brother. you have amazed us from the very first minute you were in the room with Evan. Daddy and I are so proud of how good you are with him!
--you really enjoy school, you usually come home singing and you always have some sort of craft you have made for me!
--favorite color: red
--favorite food: tacos
--favorite Disney Character: Buzz Lightyear
--for your 4th birthday you got a new bike (from mommy & daddy), and a 4-wheeler (from your grandparents)--we just knew for sure that once you got that 4-wheeler you would never ride your bike, but you know what??? WE WERE WRONG! You love your bike, and ask to ride it almost every day!!
--you still sleep with your "Mr. Frog", he's been your loyal buddy since Day 1! when you are tired you still smell his feet, and when mommy isn't feeling well you will bring him to me and stick his feet to my nose! he always makes us feel better!
--you are a very cautious, shy, and quiet (till I get to know ya) kind of kid! this is comforting for a mommy, I'm hoping you stay cautious but break away from the shy a little!

Buddy--that's a lot about you, and I know there's a lot more! Our lives changed the moment we found out you were coming! You really are such a blessing and a joy for all of your family, and we know you will continue to be!!

Love,
Mommy

ps--my favorite words from you lately: "Mommy, I need some mommy-time"

1 comment:

Monica said...

On my goodness Melanie, your post seriously has brought tears to my eyes! That was the sweetest thing I've ever read. You definitely have to hold on to that for when he gets older.

Related Posts with Thumbnails