Sunday, September 18, 2005

Week 26

Not too much to share this week!! Everything seems to be the same as always, although--my lower back is starting to hurt a little, and I grunt a lot when I roll over in bed. . .nice. I'm sure it ONLY gets better from here!! Not too much to complain about though, I guess it just comes with the territory!

I do have a fun little story to share about how Camden is already acting out! :) It used to be that he was always moving around at night, so Jason got to feel him. It seems lately, that whenever I call Jason over to put his hand on my belly he just STOPS. . .hehe! So the other night Jason was trying to get him going--for those of you who don't know Jason really well, he has a way about him that if he wants you to get up, or pay attention to him--it can be maddening & hilarious all at the same time!! So--Jason is trying to talk to Camden and get him to move--he's got his mouth on my belly and is giving "Shout outs", singing songs, all kinds of things. . .ALL OF A SUDDEN I feel this BIG KICK--I mean, he must've revved up for it man--I look over at Jason and he just has this shocked look on his face--he goes "He just kicked me right in the mouth!" We laughed so hard I almost wet my pants! I'm not sure he'll be trying that one again anytime soon! hehe!

I went and registered yesterday--boy was that overwhelming. . .I probably spent over an hour just looking at bottles. Then you think--what if I register for the wrong bottles, what if he doesn't like these nipples. . .for goodness sakes. I went armed w/ my handy dandy baby surveys that I had sent out to my mommy friends, my Baby Bargains Book, and my Consumer Reports Book. It probably took me over 3 hours and I had already started w/ some big stuff online. Our registry went from 1 page to 12 in a matter of hours!! These babies need a lot of stuff! :)

Oh yea, we also finally got a glider. We had ordered one online (may I suggest to all of you to not do this w/ a piece of furniture!) and ended up taking it back. It wasn't bad looking it just wasn't comfortable in the least. So Friday night Jason and I, once again, embarked on the wonderful journey of baby furniture shopping--it's a land of overpriced products that you pretty much have no choice but to purchase! Anyway--we were looking at upholstered chairs, and really liked them. However, Jason went exploring and found a cherry glider floor sample that was on sale for a pretty good price--so we went for it! It's very comfy--and i'm hoping will last for a good long while, b/c I do NOT want to have to shop for a glider ever again! The upside--is that we can change out the cushions if we ever feel the need--that's always a comfort!!

Okay--I think that's it for now. I'm sure this is all very exciting to everyone!! :) Hey I never promised excitement, just updates on everything!! How exciting can a pregnant woman be anyway?


Love,
Mel

p.s. BIG PROPS to New Baby Product where we found our glider. They were very helpful and prompt in calling us back Saturday a.m. after they had called around to see if other stores had the same model in a box. I know I've complained about them in the past b/c thier store hours make it almost impossible for us working people to get to the store after work--but they really were helpful, and very nice this weekend. I will definitely be a return customer there.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails