Thursday, September 08, 2005

Week 25

Alright--I figured it was about time I wrote something instead of just posting pictures so here's the latest:

We had a doctor's visit last Friday, and I have to say--I think that their scales are a little off. I know that when I weighed myself that morning (naked, barefoot, and barely awake--is there any other time to weigh yourself?) I did not weigh NEARLY as much as I did when I got to the doctor--fully clothed, and wearing shoes. . .and probably full of pee. REGARDLESS--I refuse to believe that I have gained 10 lbs--that calculation is WAY off from mine, and I demand a reweigh. This time--on my terms--my scale, no clothes, barefoot, and barely awake. . .(pretty picture, isn't it??? :))
Okay--where was I--oh yes, so we went to the doctor (and stood on their way off scale), and then it was just business as usual! We measured the belly, and heard the heartbeat (what a fantastic sound), and then we were handed some forms about pediatricians, and preadmission to the hospital, and we were on our way!!
Next time--i have the dreaded glucose test (which Dr. Arona said she loves the orange stuff. . .I think they pay her to say things like that), also--i have to get a shot b/c I'm RH negative, and then also-i think they have to draw blood for something else. Needless to say, I break out in a cold sweat thinking about it, and I made an afternoon appt so that I can go home and "rest" after all that trauma. What is it w/ these people and the needles! I've never been poked and smiled at so much!

As you can see from previous posts--we've made good headway on the nursery!! We are still exploring options for clouds and airplanes, and we've ordered our changing table, and glider! So we are doing good!! Next I have to register--this is a daunting task--all the choices--it can turn my hair gray. I HATE making decisions, and I feel like it's magnified since I've been pregnant!

IN OTHER NEWS--I have to brag on my Penny-dog for a second. You know, she's growing up SO FAST, Jason and I have decided that it's time to give her some new freedoms. . .she's going to be a big sister you know, and she needs to feel like a big girl. . .SO--we've started leaving her out of her crate when we head out on short outings. . .she has done beautifully. The first time I left her, when I got back, she was sitting right where I expected her to be--in the front guest room--looking out the window. The next time, we left her a little longer, and both almost teared up when we were pulling away and she was staring out the window at us--anyway, when we got back--she was sitting in our bed, waiting on us! Such a sweet dog--she has really impressed us!! We couldn't be prouder of our little girl!

Well, I think I will close for now. I'm tired, and I have to pee.

Good night all!!

Mel

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails