Sunday, April 25, 2010

Breckenridge 2010

I know--this post is about a month past due!!  Sorry for those of you anticipating ;)

So off we went to Breckenridge-I have to say, I was mainly concerned about the travel (initially)--we are talking about a 4 hour flight plus about an hour and a half drive to Breckenridge from the airport!  I knew Camden would be good--he would be restless, but good.  Evan on the other hand, well Evan I knew would be restless and EVERYONE would know!!  He's not a child that likes to be sitting in a lap or confined to a small area for hours on end, by the way, if you know one I'd like to meet said child because I'm pretty sure they don't exist!  Anyway, we get to the airport grab lunch to take on the plane, change a poopy diaper and board--shew I'm already exhausted and we've lost a shoe.  .  .
We did have one passenger request to move, he claimed he was too big for the seat they put him in, but when he boarded and saw us his eyes bulged a bit and he said he "remembered traveling with his 2 when they were "their" ages. . ."  the plane takes off and other than a few cries of protest from Evan everything went off without a hitch!!!  In fact, when we were unloading I heard people say: "wow, I didn't even know those kids were on the plane"  My heart swelled!! I was so proud of my boys, they made it with no problems and people thought they were good AND cute! :)  woo hoo!!

Okay--so now to the good stuff!!  Camden was signed up for 3 days of ski school (which, by the way, is longer than his actual school day 9-3:30), and I was signed up for 1 day.  I have to say, I'm no skier--to say it scares me is an understatement--but I really really wanted to not be scared so I went to ski school and gave it my all!  I've been skiing once before in NC and the ski school in Breckenridge blew it away!  My instructor was great, it was an all day thing, and truly everyone there was a beginner!  I would recommend it to anyone who is nervous about skiing.  I have to say I really didn't embrace the skiing like I thought i would, but I did leave knowing that the next time I wouldn't be as scared.  I only fell once, and of course I was getting off the ski lift and they had to stop it.  .  .GREAT, but you know--I'm not the only one that happened to b/c they stop that ski lift A LOT!
Camden also did really well in his ski school, although he would definitely have to go through it again if we went back!  He seemed to enjoy it, and he walked around like a CHAMP in those ski boots.  Wednesday, our third day of skiing, was intended to be an "off day"--but Camden was ready to hit the slopes so he and Daddy, Papa, and Grandma all went out.  I figured they would make it down once and be back, but I think they went up 3 or 4 times!  I was so proud of Camden!!

Camden talking to his new friend in ski school
 



Camden riding the "magic carpet"





Learning to wedge
















So the other thing we wanted to do on our off day was go tubing--but that was a little complicated with Evan and also a little pricey for my taste!!  So we talked to our concierge and she handed us some sleds and directed us to the sledding hill at a local park (maybe 2 blocks from us)--"oh what fun it is to ride.  .  ."
We had so much fun with this, and even though it wore us out walking up that hill (usually with one of us carrying a child) it was so much fun!!

Our last day Camden wanted to go skiing with Mommy.  .  .this was it, my big moment.  I couldn't be scared, I had to be brave and show him how it's done.  .  .his experience wasn't so great with me, although it wasn't because of me!  It was the most relaxed I'd been with it the whole time!!  Personally, I think he was just worn out.  It had been a long week, and he came home from ski school with more energy than I think is possible for a little boy who's been walking around in ski boots all day!!  So Daddy took him home and Grandma, and a little later Papa, hit the slopes for a couple of hours!  I'm so glad that Camden asked me to go that day because if he hadn't I probably would've sat out and then I wouldn't have realized that maybe skiing isn't as scary as I thought it was!!

All in all we had such a wonderful trip!!  Breckenridge is such a beautiful place!!  I would've loved a little more time to explore it all!!  The place we stayed was very nice, it was called Main Street Station.  We were in walking distance from most of the restaurants and shopping.  In fact, other than sledding and a grocery run, I don't think we drove at all!  Thank you so much Grandma & Papa for taking us!!

Grandma & Evan taking a walk in the snow!

Evan all bundled up and ready to explore with Mommy!

**Please note: sorry for the poor quality of these pics!!  I pulled them off of Facebook b/c Jason never syncs up our iPhoto!  If I get some better ones I'll post!!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails