Well, I found out today that I've got more than one thing that is going to be trying to squeeze itself out of a hole that is much to small for it in the near future. . .
That's right--I have kidney stones. IT SUCKS! The only good thing about it is that I got to have an extra ultrasound, and sneak a peak at Camden this afternoon. They had to see what was wrong w/ my kidney, and while they were there they checked him out as well. He's doing well--he was napping! On his belly, with his legs tucked in--just like in his ultrasound. TOO CUTE! I hope he doesn't get to comfortable that way though, because from what I hear that is NOT the way babies are supposed to sleep anymore--now they have to sleep on their backs. . .maybe he'll roll over as he gets bigger so that he can practice this, I don't want to have to change his routine up once he makes his grand entrance.
Okay--so back to the kidney stones. They suck, all I can do is take pain medication for it, and the pain is very sporadic--and all in my back--for those of you who were wondering. So far, I'm taking the "natural" route--no meds. . .very opposite from what I plan to do in childbirth. Apparently, it's common for pregnant women to get kidney stones--therefore I have no clue as to what brought them on. When I asked what causes them, the answer I got was--"being pregnant"!
All in all a very eventful day--I got to sprawl out on my cubicle floor in pain (very attractive by the way in a skirt, but what's a girl to do), go to the doctor and have an ultrasound, I even got home a little earlier than normal. Then my doting husband ran out for my pain medication-just in case! (isn't he the best?!)
Hope everyone else is doing well, I have to go watch my dog catch a frisbee--she's really good if you throw it right at her mouth! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment